Like Tree22Likes

Leaving HK - things you missed

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I think I will miss the customer service, air conditioned MTR, low crime rate, gateway to other countries like thailand and the low taxation.

Things I won't miss, high property prices, hot and humid summer, sandflies & mosquitos.

Being able to eat out cheaply for most meals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Sounds like most of Europe as long you are not in a major city and or touristy area.
    Try Pontarlier in France at 7pm and come back here (yup it's not Eze) and tell us
    Yep

I'll bare that in mind, cheech.

Quote Originally Posted by WMDS:
    I think I will miss the customer service
    That's interesting - I would think it would be the other way around. I find customer service much poorer here than in the UK, or most other Western countries.
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    For me the biggest shocker was Finding that some shops shut at 5pm when I'm used to 10pm or later in HK.
    I'm dreading that part the most when I move to the UK in 2 years time, having lived in HK most of my adult life its going to take a long long time getting used to not being able to just pop down to buy stuff at night, probably have to drive around trying to find the simplest things around 9 pm LOL

Will probably have to stock up on stuff a lot, thank fook I will have a big house by then.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    I'm dreading that part the most when I move to the UK in 2 years time, having lived in HK most of my adult life its going to take a long long time getting used to not being able to just pop down to buy stuff at night, probably have to drive around trying to find the simplest things around 9 pm LOL

Will probably have to stock up on stuff a lot, thank fook I will have a big house by then.
    You can just use Amazon to get most things delivered, or any of the other big UK internet shopping sites.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:

Go live near a 24hr tesco

Quote Originally Posted by si0001:
    Go live near a 24hr tesco
    nearest Tescos that is open until midnight is 4.8 mile drive, around 13mins according to google maps LOL

Runcorn massive

I do miss the hiking and live music at Insomnia, food at Kitchen in Mui Wo and the friends that we made in HK.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu79:
    That's interesting - I would think it would be the other way around. I find customer service much poorer here than in the UK, or most other Western countries.
    It depends what services, in general I get things done faster in HK. Business stuff, catering, properties. Definitely fast paced especially when you have a bit of money in HK.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast