Like Tree22Likes

Leaving HK - things you missed

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

One thing I definitely won't miss is HK Banking!

I'm confused by this everything shuts at 5pm in the UK thing. Perhaps Hull is unique? I left there two years ago. The local shop shut at 9pm. Within 5 mnutes drive were two that shut at 10pm. Then of course there were three 24 hour supermarkets within 15 minutes drive. The shopping centre shut at 8pm I think.

East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I'm confused by this everything shuts at 5pm in the UK thing. Perhaps Hull is unique? I left there two years ago. The local shop shut at 9pm. Within 5 mnutes drive were two that shut at 10pm. Then of course there were three 24 hour supermarkets within 15 minutes drive. The shopping centre shut at 8pm I think.
    That's to maximise the window of opportunity for shoplifters and armed robberies
    hullexile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    That's to maximise the window of opportunity for shoplifters and armed robberies
    So so true.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    My Hometown is Bristol and Shops such as O2 and EE etc closing at 5pm is just plain weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    My Hometown is Bristol and Shops such as O2 and EE etc closing at 5pm is just plain weird to me.
    How dare shops let their staff have a home life when someone can't wait a maximum of a whole 15 hours to get a new mobile phone.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    On the flip side it's nearly impossible to buy anything before 10am in HKG.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5