Like Tree18Likes

Does early withdrawal of MPF affect your residency status in HK??

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Anyone with an overseas passport could probably withdraw their MPF.

It would be more difficult for a local to do this and leave HK, unless they had work visas arranged for other countries.

Original Post Deleted
    And with all those high fees that the funds charge, they can't spend a tiny bit of it to properly implement their own rules.

Total and complete farce and waste of money.

Original Post Deleted
    After withdrawing the pension funds, ultimately if i do leave and eventually have to come back after a short time, i am able to make another pension contribution (MPF) right without causing any problems?

Does anyone on here opt out? I know of someone who used to opt out. Only issue for them was that they couldn't take PR as MPF was then mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by ArrynField:
    Anyone with an overseas passport could probably withdraw their MPF.

It would be more difficult for a local to do this and leave HK, unless they had work visas arranged for other countries.
    Technically every local can reside on the Mainland (a place other than Hong Kong)

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Technically every local can reside on the Mainland (a place other than Hong Kong)
    Technically yes. That's probably a reason why some of the Hong Kongers were convicted, as they made a false declaration and couldn't really prove they were leaving.

It could quite easily be in a grey area.....