Quote Originally Posted by baedrian:
Seeing that you are of Pakistani descent, I would personally recommend that you settle into the Missisauga/Brampton area in Ontario. While stereotypical, lots of South/East Asians live in that area, making it much easier to integrate when you have neighbours who can easily communicate with you both culturally and linguistically. Many of my subcontinent friends grew up in that area and most have chosen to stay. You'll be in close proximity to Waterloo as well, home of Blackberry and many engineering firms so career wise it would do nicely for you. Your wife as a doctor should also have little issues looking for employment generally speaking in Canada.

If you're looking for an area that is closer to Toronto where all the buzz is, I would suggest the Markham/Scarborough area or Richmond Hill (where I'm from and great suburb to raise kids). Learn French if you plan on going to Montreal, and Vancouver while nice, is abysmal when it comes to housing costs but fantastic for work life balance (most work schedules are 9-5 or less). Alberta is great for nature, but prepare for boredom and a wide range of climates haha. Good luck with your application, hope things go smoothly!
as this thread is from 2018 I assume the OP may have decided what to do by now!