• No plan at the moment

65 33.85%
  • HK is my Home, will stay forever

22 11.46%
Like Tree460Likes

[Poll] Stay or Leave Hong Kong

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dwarvenmage18:
    I've been here multiple times before for short holidays. I've also lived here once before. This is the final time. I'm here with my parents. And I'll never return.
    I have also lived in many countries and cities with the same population, if not more. However HK can't and never will be able to sustain the amount of people here. Maybe if Chinese people weren't so lazy, they wouldn't have to hire thousands of maids which block up most of the supermarkets and congest the MTR stations. No other country I've been to has so many maids? Do HK people not know how to clean?? And maybe if condoms weren't so f***ing expensive, there wouldn't be so many people.
    So, you trying to tell us that you don't like it here?
    drumbrake, imparanoic, Ern and 2 others like this.

Obviously. No one should have to live in these awful conditions.

TheDevil_666 likes this.

I've been here multiple times before for short holidays. I've also lived here once before. This is the final time. I'm here with my parents. And I'll never return.
    I have also lived in many countries and cities with the same population, if not more. However HK can't and never will be able to sustain the amount of people here. Maybe if Chinese people weren't so lazy, they wouldn't have to hire thousands of maids which block up most of the supermarkets and congest the MTR stations. No other country I've been to has so many maids? Do HK people not know how to clean?? And maybe if condoms weren't so f***ing expensive, there wouldn't be so many people.
    What do you mean by lazy? Hong Konger's are the most active by taking on average 6,880 steps a day. Meanwhile, Australia has the third-highest prevalence of overweight adults in the English-speaking world. Did they get there by being as active as you claim?
    imparanoic and Bernadette J W like this.

Talking

Ok, the adults are a bit overweight. At least we clean our own houses and don't employ "maids" (slaves) to do it for us.

Sure. Maybe HK people have a high step count. But most, maybe all adults in Australia have a car

Ok, the adults are a bit overweight. At least we clean our own houses and don't employ "maids" (slaves) to do it for us.

Sure. Maybe HK people have a high step count. But most, maybe all adults in Australia have a car
    You mean you don't have an abundant labour supply of cheap maids in Australia. I know plenty of Australian expats that have a maid here in Hong Kong for that reason. Habits do change once you see that price tag.
    Bernadette J W likes this.

I'm not talking about expats. I'm talking about Australians living in Australia.
    Regardless. I don't know a single person who has a maid.
    It's just not in our culture to have someone else clean your home and live in it.
    Again. It comes down to sheer laziness. If you can't clean and maintain your own home, then you shouldn't have one.
    Even having a 2,500 sq ft home in Australia. You make time to do housework.

ROTFLMAO. You don't know much about HK do you? Never is a long time.
    Bernadette J W and jimbo like this.

I'm not talking about expats. I'm talking about Australians living in Australia.
    Regardless. I don't know a single person who has a maid.
    It's just not in our culture to have someone else clean your home and live in it.
    Again. It comes down to sheer laziness. If you can't clean and maintain your own home, then you shouldn't have one.
    Even having a 2,500 sq ft home in Australia. You make time to do housework.
    I know plenty of Australians here who have helpers. There are basically no creches in HK, so for working parents, they need a helper to look after their children while they work. It's a different structure to achieve the same goal. You make valid points about some aspects of HK, but you have not actually looked deeply enough into it to understand the drivers and the differences. I would recommend that before shooting your mouth off about something you don't understand you spend some time understanding HK. You may not like it after that, but at least you would be able to put up a coherent argument.
    MerMer, imparanoic and gigglinggal like this.

Mate, I've been here a lot longer than you and I'm itching to leave, but if you're not a troll, you need to change your thinking to survive the next few months here. Understanding the differences, even if you don't like them, could allow you to let go and not fight against it so much.
    And no one's forcing you to go to shitty butchers in wet markets etc if that's not your thing! Plenty of western food shopping places, both online and in shops. Just don't complain about the price. We know it's expensive.

tf19, shri, Jaz Paul and 4 others like this.

I...And maybe if condoms weren't so f***ing expensive, there wouldn't be so many people.
    Most native HK people have 1, 2 kids at most. Many of my female coworkers plan to have no children seeing all the work it is to raise children here (there are downsides as well to hiring helpers, the school rat race, etc.). So it's not the high reproduction rate that feeds the population...HK has one of the lowest birthrates in the world...

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast