27 12.50%
Like Tree539Likes

[Poll] Stay or Leave Hong Kong

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

missing options like 1) already left 2) left but want to come back

eightfivetwo, bak875 and SZ1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by eightfivetwo:
    Completely agree.

But the world isn't just Singapore. Plenty of expats are enjoying Shanghai or Bangkok or Taipei, as there are many, many factors that go into choosing a place to live and work in. Hong Kong will always have its own advantages - a very low tax rate, relative safety, vast network of restaurants and bars, hikes, proximity to SE Asia.

Some, or many, will prefer Singapore. But the supply of expats from all over the world will mean plenty of settlers in both places.

Also, human nature always looks for something new. Live a few years in Singapore if you must, to help remind you of what you love about HK!
    Singapore is nice...for a while. But it gets rather boring after a while. It lacks the edge of HK in some ways.
    alexdown and eightfivetwo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Singapore is nice...for a while. But it gets rather boring after a while. It lacks the edge of HK in some ways.
    Hong Kong is battled tested... it has its ups and downs, and has managed crisis after crisis. Singapore really is a recent "newcomer" onto the global stage (in my humble opinion) and has yet to go through the fire and have its mettle tested. It will be interesting to see how they navigate the times ahead.
    Coolboy likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    61% voted for it.
    AsianXpat0 likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    They = the PAP / Singaporean government, or the Singaporean populace?

Original Post Deleted
    True. Very difficult to get a job in Singapore if not local resident. Plenty of good jobs available but not so inclined to foreigners unless the position is really high up.

No plan at the moment for me. No choice. Hopefully won't lose my job because I definitely don't wanna go back where I came from.

Coolboy likes this.

How about a poll “if you plan to leave where do you plan to go?” USA Canada U.K. Europe Australia Singapore Taiwan Japan etc ??

Where do u come from?

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast