Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By big_panda

Selling apartment, where to start?

Closed Thread

Selling apartment, where to start?

hey, we are leaving HK and selling our apartment (village house, single bedroom with rooftop in Sai Kung). Don't even know where to start. Here are a list of questions:
    1. what is the commission usually paid to agents?
    2. what inspections are usually carried out before the sale goes thru?
    3. Is $3.5 million too cheap/expensive for a fully renovated, 450 sq ft apartment in New Territories with a roof top?

Any other info would be welcome, regarding selling in HK.
    Cheers.

1. 1% on each side, but depending on market can negotiate lower.

2. No formal inspections. Buyer should do all inspections before signing up. Any unauthorised works may be requisitioned however and you will be responsible for correcting them (i.e if you have a rooftop structure, you will need to remove them at your expense).

3. Find an agent in your area and get an idea what similar flats in your area are selling.

MandM! likes this.

Following up on what big_panda said - do you have any contact with the agent who sold you the flat? Might be a little bit negotiable in exchange for some repeat business.

Try joining below FB group and you will be get lots of answers from expat/local agents for your area once you get in and post questions.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/saikungrealestate/

sensational responses. Makes me a little more confident, and that is basically what I needed... cheers.

I never even thought about that. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!... outstanding thinking there 99!

We have talked to on agent who spoke more smelly brown stuff than humanly possible, so your suggestion is very good. The wife keeps ALL paperwork for everything she has done for her entire life, so even if she doesn't remember, we might have some paperwork somewhere with some info on it. Thanks for that great idea.