Like Tree6Likes

Moving to France w/French partner - citizenship/visa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque
    and get this all to the French consulate in the UK.
    I see, why to the French consulate in the UK, the one in HK can't handle it ?

Quote Originally Posted by jrkob
    I see, why to the French consulate in the UK, the one in HK can't handle it ?
    Apparently the guidelines say you have to submit it to the French consulate of the country of the marriage. The French speaker hate making phone calls to ask for confirmation/clarification, so hence this has been procrastinated.

Apparently the guidelines say you have to submit it to the French consulate of the country of the marriage. The French speaker hate making phone calls to ask for confirmation/clarification, so hence this has been procrastinated.
    I see, ok.
    FYI you can send emails to the consulate in HK (I would think even in English): they respond and fairly fast. No need to call.
    I ask them many questions.
    Elegiaque likes this.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a company that can provide this kind of service? to receive mail, put it together, and send it on?

Last edited by bgnewsletters; 14-03-2020 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Error

If I get correctly that you don’t speak French, this could get in the way of citizenship which you mentioned In your first post

Join a facebook group like Expats in France, they have plenty of information, links and with nearly 20,000 members there is usually someone who has experienced similar.

Elegiaque likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewsletters
    If I get correctly that you don’t speak French, this could get in the way of citizenship which you mentioned In your first post
    Well, plans are/had been underway to work on that. Also need to plan for how to get there and start learning!

Thanks kimwy66. I'll check that out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2