Like Tree6Likes

Moving to France w/French partner - citizenship/visa

Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Hong-Kong
    Posts
    6,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque
    and get this all to the French consulate in the UK.
    I see, why to the French consulate in the UK, the one in HK can't handle it ?

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,575
    Quote Originally Posted by jrkob
    I see, why to the French consulate in the UK, the one in HK can't handle it ?
    Apparently the guidelines say you have to submit it to the French consulate of the country of the marriage. The French speaker hate making phone calls to ask for confirmation/clarification, so hence this has been procrastinated.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Hong-Kong
    Posts
    6,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque
    Apparently the guidelines say you have to submit it to the French consulate of the country of the marriage. The French speaker hate making phone calls to ask for confirmation/clarification, so hence this has been procrastinated.
    I see, ok.
    FYI you can send emails to the consulate in HK (I would think even in English): they respond and fairly fast. No need to call.
    I ask them many questions.
    Elegiaque likes this.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,575

    Does anyone have a suggestion for a company that can provide this kind of service? to receive mail, put it together, and send it on?


  5. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26

    .

    Last edited by bgnewsletters; 14-03-2020 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Error

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque
    Apparently the guidelines say you have to submit it to the French consulate of the country of the marriage. The French speaker hate making phone calls to ask for confirmation/clarification, so hence this has been procrastinated.
    If I get correctly that you don’t speak French, this could get in the way of citizenship which you mentioned In your first post

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wrong side of the door to hell
    Posts
    5,884

    Join a facebook group like Expats in France, they have plenty of information, links and with nearly 20,000 members there is usually someone who has experienced similar.

    Elegiaque likes this.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,575
    Quote Originally Posted by bgnewsletters
    If I get correctly that you don’t speak French, this could get in the way of citizenship which you mentioned In your first post
    Well, plans are/had been underway to work on that. Also need to plan for how to get there and start learning!

    Thanks kimwy66. I'll check that out.

Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2