Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rob2020

Leaving HK - Final Tax Questions

Closed Thread

Leaving HK - Final Tax Questions

I received my first salary in April last year and my final one will be at the end of this April so thirteen in total.Lets say my monthly salary is $70k and I've been told my rental payments ($15K) a month will be taken into consideration although not the whole amount regards tax relief.All my HR department have said so far is that I will receive a letter on my final day to take down to tax office in Wan Chai to make settlement.I've looked at various websites and tax calculators and getting anywhere from have a bill from $3k to $9k. Can someone please give me a estimate on what they believe it will be so I can have a clearer picture of what I will owe?Finally what is the norm on final salary, will employer keep until they receive confirmation that tax bill is paid?Many thanks.

Prepare for 18% to be charged and be glad when you pay under that. Safest way.

East_coast likes this.

Maybe I misunderstand, but if you are earning $70k for 13 months then shouldn’t you be looking at a tax bill of around $80k-$150k? Where do you get $3k to $9k from?

I meant $30k - $90k

Quote Originally Posted by twobecomeone:
    I meant $30k - $90k
    OK makes sense . I'd budget on the higher end of that.

Why did you not fill in a tax return? Then they would have already sent you the number. There is a tax calculator online on the e tax website.

I suspect it will be around the 60k mark if those figures are accurate (im very similar)

Leaving Hong kong IR56G

Hi

I moved in HK in Aug 2018 on dependent visa.I work for two companies.
    1. Sept 2018 to Nov 2018
    2 Dec 2018 to feb 2018

So IR56 G should be issued only my last employer & income mentioned in form is only of last employer ? Is it correct .