Like Tree18Likes

Finally leaving Hong Kong - MPF and Tax how long realistically?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Blimey yours is a hassle indeed.

When I was leaving HK I just went to tax office and told them I was leaving and I wanted to settle my taxes.

They calculated it and I got a small refund.

Did the Oath and submitted paperwork to AIA and a while later got the cheque.

Cashed in and done.

no plans on ever working in HK again. Just let my account deal with the commercial property side.
    Do you happen to know if I can do the Oath before my last day of work?

Quote Originally Posted by theaardvark:
    Do you happen to know if I can do the Oath before my last day of work?
    Yes

Just reading this to get knowledgeable before as I prepare to leave in July.

Anyone on here have experience or know about Teachers leaving. Me and my wife's contracts end officially around August 14th but intend to leave around mid July so will still have 1.5 salary payments due.

Do schools pay teachers upfront? Can you settle tax, mpf before effectively your contract has finished?

On a slightly different note, how does settling Electric/water/internet work. How quickly can you HK after you vacate your flat, thinking about possible refunds on Electric/water.

Original Post Deleted
    yes, I emailed them a week or so ago. Got the automated response but nothing since.

Done the other stuff now And all paperwork is in order.

Do you know, if you are wanting to be taxed as a married couple, would we need to go in together?

No, not yet. I have all the paperwork from employers, summary of income from now til August 15 (end of contract) etc. So it seems to me a case of going in, get them to calculate, receive our refund (according to the ird calculator they will owe us $25000). Do I need to receive the tax return...I thought we could just do that when we go in.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4