Like Tree1Likes

Relocation: move boxes from HK to Singapore and storage

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Relocation: move boxes from HK to Singapore and storage

I'm relocated to Singapore and I urgently need to leave HK... I don't have any furnitures, only two large boxes of clothes and electronics. I have contacted a few relocation moving companies (crown, allied pickford etc.) but they have a minimum charge for like 20 boxes, which is too much. Does anyone have any advice on which company or service I should use to ship these things to Singapore? Thank you!

One extra problem is that I will leave HK soon but I won't move to Singapore until two months later so I need the boxes to be stored until I arrive in Singapore as well.

Can you store with friends and family in HK? Or send to your new employer in Singapore and have them hold it for you?

Many warehouse in HK...

however for clothing I’d imagine you don’t need as much as there’s only two weathers there (indoor/ outdoor)....

Quote Originally Posted by latex:
    Many warehouse in HK...

however for clothing I’d imagine you don’t need as much as there’s only two weathers there (indoor/ outdoor)....
    Unfortunately not many you can trust to mail / transport your packages a couple of months later, after you've moved out of HK.

Would be more than happy to stand corrected if there is such reliable service that can handle a few boxes, unlike the relocations providers who handle container or 1/2 container loads.

I would look into Sevenseas. I did not end up using them but I did get a quote for 3 boxes.

I guess this would be filed in the round too hard file, responsible for clothes and electronics during the rainy season, that needs ventilation and air conditioning, then remembering to ship two months later......might be mouldy on arrival, claims, headache

split them into slightly smaller boxes.. maybe 4 or 5.. then post them by surface mail to singapore via the GPO..
    takes you around 3 or 4 weeks ? send them to where you going to live next.. c/o your name.. i am sure they have a record of you coming in and accepts your packages

Thank you all so much! I think I will give seven seas a try despite some horror stories I read online. I will just have to buy extra insurance for mildew protection.

Just ship them at the post office, takes 6-8 weeks by sea and is surprisingly cheap.

Did you end up using Sevenseas? I would love to hear about your feedback. thanks.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast