Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17
Like Tree318Likes

Time to leave Hong Kong

Yeah Hong Kong is fine as long as you're not looking to buy a house or have kids.
    Which is a pretty serious detriment unless you're an expat with paid housing and schooling.

Quote Originally Posted by jack55
    Which is a pretty serious detriment unless you're an expat with paid housing and schooling.
    For those expats who are in real demand and have the necessary professional skills and experience, I am sure they will still be provided with the accommodation and schooling expenses for their kids. They have come in the past and will continue to come to HK in the future. As for the rest of the expats on less generous packages, then it beomes a more interesting question. If you are young, single or without too much responsibilities to look after a family, then HK can still be a good choice. Once you have a family, then perhaps it's time to look for another location.
    Andy SNK and Char Siu King like this.

Have you thought about spending 3-4 months in different cities? I've been doing that the past 12 months and it has worked out pretty well.

We did: 4 months in Japan, 1 Vancouver/Chicago, 2 SEA, 2 months Europe, and 3 months in HK.

It was a successful trial run for me and I'll be leaving HK in Oct/Nov to use Vietnam as a base instead of HK.

shri and MandM! like this.

Presumably you're not working and were on visitor visas on all those places? Do you have a long term visa for Vietnam?

Quote Originally Posted by monomono
    Presumably you're not working and were on visitor visas on all those places? Do you have a long term visa for Vietnam?
    I'm retired and I was on a visitor visa.

Don't really need a long-term visa for Vietnam since we travel a sufficient amount but I might start a few small companies in Vietnam and that's a way to get long-term visas.
    monomono likes this.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17