Like Tree59Likes

Sharing experience with transferring funds out of HK on departure

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by thad:
    @bdw I have no clue if they have a VIP program etc. I was always introduced to them as a preferred client and that is how it stayed. I did not feel the need to question
    No worries and thanks for confirming this. I guess as a preferred client then OFX might be worth another look, but I'm fine using instarem and getting more or less the same rate as your preferred client rates and have done enough times to be comfortable with them, so don't feel the need to change anything now.

Original Post Deleted
    haha I have no idea! With OFX, I am getting the same shitty rates as you. thad is getting better rates from his screenshots and mentioned being a preferred customer but doesnt know how he got that status. A quick google doesn't bring up anything. Perhaps you can send OFX a message and ask how to qualify for better rates?

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    haha I have no idea! With OFX, I am getting the same shitty rates as you. thad is getting better rates from his screenshots and mentioned being a preferred customer but doesnt know how he got that status. A quick google doesn't bring up anything. Perhaps you can send OFX a message and ask how to qualify for better rates?
    @bdw I never said i do not know how i became a preferred client, if you read i did say i was introduced as a preferred client. I said i do not know if they have a VIP program and how does it work.

What i assume is they offer that rate/status/title to organizations who they deal with and it is then passed on.

I have used TransferWise quite regularly and am happy with it. Last couple of times I used instarem - better rate but not as easy to use.

I found both these better than HSBC Premier.

MandM! likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe:
    I have used TransferWise quite regularly and am happy with it. Last couple of times I used instarem - better rate but not as easy to use.

I found both these better than HSBC Premier.
    I found it easier to open a TransferWise account and like that they have both personal and business options. Instarem did not cater to business needs and has rude service. In my experience.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5