• 2 Post By bdw
  • 3 Post By nivantj
  • 1 Post By Pauljoecoe
  • 1 Post By Pauljoecoe

Movers to UK

Movers to UK

Hello

Can anyone recommend any movers to UK?

How can I coordinate the shipment arrival if I need to look for housing while living in a service apt (or airbnb the like) ? Ask for temporary storage?

Thanks!

bdw

Seven Seas picked up 50 boxes of my shit at 8am this morning. I have no complaints with their service on the HK side, great communication, dropped off free boxes, tape, bubble wrap as scheduled, ordered an extra 10 boxes just a few days ago and they rushed them to me the next day (my wife didn't throw away as much crap as she said she would).

But they are not full service, you have to pack your own shit, I'm not doing any furniture etc and been selling that in the classifieds the last few weeks. The biggest thing I am shipping is a Xiaomi air cleaner (to Australia that has clean air I think is pointless but the wife again forcing me because she wants a dog in Australia and thinks it will stop the house smelling).But if you do want to move furniture, they have something called a movecube.

The driver was very friendly this morning too. He didn't speak a word of english but had a big smile and I think he was happy I laid all my shit out in front of the elevator on my floor so saved him some work. Seven Seas website says you should have your shit on the ground floor but I just put it near the elevator on my floor and was more than enough.

Also don't underestimate the time it takes to pack all your shit. I'm working during the days, so been up until 4am the last 2 nights making boxes, packing, throwing shit away. I'm completely exhausted. Next time might go for a full service mover. I need a beer tonight for sure . I've got painters coming in tomorrow at 10am to start painting my apartment before I rent it out. I was thinking to do it myself before when some pricks wanted to charge me $18k just to paint white over white. Luckily I found a more reasonable quotation of $9k and he takes 4 days to do it so sounds like he will do a decent enough job. After the last few days packing, really glad I'm not painting now

Name:  sevenseas1.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  471.2 KB

Name:  sevenseas2.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  737.9 KB

nivantj and shri like this.

Seven Seas picked up 50 boxes of my shit at 8am this morning.
    Wonder what you had for dinner!!! Sorry cant help it..
    bdw, shri and lovehunter like this.

Anyone used Seven Seas lately? Say in mid-2020?

Lightbulb

50 boxes????!!!!!

Sent 5 today and that was stressful enough!

I went with post office. Seven seas seemed reasonable until I got the final quote which included extra charges in the delivery country for the UK side of the route. Quote sneaky of them I thought!

Post office was $600 per 30 kg box. Ok they don't collect but a Gogo van was only $160.

So, 150kg for 3160 was a bargain.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe:
    50 boxes????!!!!!

Sent 5 today and that was stressful enough!

I went with post office. Seven seas seemed reasonable until I got the final quote which included extra charges in the delivery country for the UK side of the route. Quote sneaky of them I thought!

Post office was $600 per 30 kg box. Ok they don't collect but a Gogo van was only $160.

So, 150kg for 3160 was a bargain.
    Is that seamail? How long did they say it would take?

No

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Is that seamail? How long did they say it would take?
    Yes, surface rate. Could take anything from 30 to 120 days. Fortunately not in a rush for our stuff!!!
    HK_Katherine likes this.