Like Tree40Likes

Leaving HK

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bdw

Leaving HK

I'm not much of a photographer, but I quite like this pic I snapped of HK island in the foreground, Kowloon in the middle and Shenzhen in the back from my flight Shanghai to HK that arrived last night, my last night in HK as a resident before I leave for Australia this afternoon. 12 years here, plenty of ups and downs, never a dull moment, thanks Hong Kong!

Name:  20200110_211410.jpg
Views: 1328
Size:  2.93 MB

bdw

I don't know why the pic posts sideways from my phone. Maybe @shri can fix it

Good luck in the next chapter of your life.

bdw likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw
    I'm not much of a photographer, but I quite like this pic I snapped of HK island in the foreground, Kowloon in the middle and Shenzhen in the back from my flight Shanghai to HK that arrived last night, my last night in HK as a resident before I leave for Australia this afternoon. 12 years here, plenty of ups and downs, never a dull moment, thanks Hong Kong!

Name:  20200110_211410.jpg
Views: 1328
Size:  2.93 MB
    Have a nice trip to Aussie.

But I find it intriguing when people just upload the picture as it is instead of first rotating the picture to the right position. Do we have to tilt our head or the phone for this sideways done pic?
    bdw likes this.

bdw

Quote Originally Posted by hannah01
    Have a nice trip to Aussie.

But I find it intriguing when people just upload the picture as it is instead of first rotating the picture to the right position. Do we have to tilt our head or the phone for this sideways done pic?
    I think @shri needs to stop drinking and do a bit of maintenance on his website . When I use the desktop chrome browser on Windows 10, uploading lots of pictures in the classifieds when I was selling all my shit over the last few months, there are options to rotate pictures. But when using mobile website and uploading pictures that were taken using your phone's camera, there doesn't appear to be a rotate option (at least on my android device). Or I might just not be doing it properly

Bon Voyage and Cheers Mate!! See you around sometime soon, don't forget to keep an eye on gaming HK loopholes and no need to say do update us..

angeluscomplex and bdw like this.

This place will be less colourful without you. Best of luck. Since I will also move to Aus at some point in the future, all information on good phone deals and investments gratefully received....!!! No need to be a stranger just because you don't live here any more.

bdw likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw
    I don't know why the pic posts sideways from my phone. Maybe @shri can fix it
    I think HK is a bit sideways these days. Just tilt your life and you'll be fine.
    junichitsuyo, Baklava, bdw and 1 others like this.

Bye Bye La.

Good luck in your next chapter in life.

bdw likes this.

Perhaps you can mine a couple of nuggets of wisdom from this GXP thread to help make your transition a bit easier.

https://geoexpat.com/forum/53/thread347617.html

bdw likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast