Like Tree13Likes

Declaration of Departure from Abroad

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Declaration of Departure from Abroad

Hi Guys!

Hope this is not a repeat question.. I did look through the forum, but didn’t find a certain answer. Apologies

My situation is that I have left Hong Kong thinking I will come back to the city... I did have a working permit but wasn’t working at that time, so I just got up and left thinking I will need to come back to Hong Kong for personal reasons. However now the situation is that I do not need to go back at all.

I didn’t declare my departure since once again I was pretty sure I needed to come back and now I’m stuck a little. My question is: has anyone declare departure from abroad? I am keep on being told that I need a lawyer and quiet honestly home affairs sounds a bit clueless.. all they say is that I have to go back to HK to declare my leave however I am dreading flying 13 hours just to declare a departure..

If anyone had an experience pls do let me know.

Do you owe any taxes or are you trying to collect MPF? Otherwise I don't think anyone cares...

jrkob likes this.

Hi! I don’t owe any tax, just want my MPF but the MPF people insist on having a declaration of departure...

See if you can make a declaration and get it notarized at a China embassy. Tell them you are afraid to come in view of the corona virus.

Send in said declaration to someone in immigration, send copy to MPF...

Worth a try, coming back right now is just a crap idea...

themg, hongkong7 and junichitsuyo like this.

Dont' say "afraid to come back" that is temporary reason.

You need to certify that you've left for good.

themg and hongkong7 like this.

Here is the site where the declaration form is:

Edit: The declaration is made before someone in HK, but embassy will count for this- I get stuff notarized for US at the US consulate all the time...

Payment of Accrued Benefits

Last edited by MABinPengChau; 05-02-2020 at 05:36 PM.
    themg and hongkong7 like this.

I think I saw ur thread somewhere on the forum! How did u do it from Singapore?

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    See if you can make a declaration and get it notarized at a China embassy. Tell them you are afraid to come in view of the corona virus.

Send in said declaration to someone in immigration, send copy to MPF...

Worth a try, coming back right now is just a crap idea...

that’s such a good idea. I’ll try that

Quote Originally Posted by themg:
    that’s such a good idea. I’ll try that

Ha! Tell them you are in MAINLAND CHINA and you have a fever...

But, seriously- just use the two forms (one for the declaration, the other to the MPF) get the declaration notarized at a Chinese embassy/consulate I think you will be fine. They are just going to review the forms, they don't need to see you in person...
    themg and junichitsuyo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Ha! Tell them you are in MAINLAND CHINA and you have a fever...

But, seriously- just use the two forms (one for the declaration, the other to the MPF) get the declaration notarized at a Chinese embassy/consulate I think you will be fine. They are just going to review the forms, they don't need to see you in person...
    I just called them and it’s radio silence sent them an email, let’s see if this is gonna work. Being there and giving oath is such an old school way of officiating your actions.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast