Surface mail shipping through HongKong Post

Surface mail shipping through HongKong Post

Hi All,
    I am looking into shipping options from Hong Kong to Montreal/Canada. I have about 12 boxes of books (I know, I have a hard time shedding them) that I'd like to move, around 400kg. I searched the forum a bit and see that some folks have recommended HongKong Post - I checked online and it looks like the current rate for a 30kg box is $828. Does anyone know if there are additional taxes/tariffs/custom fees on top of that? I should add that the 12 boxes are mostly books, but there are a couple of boxes of an assortment of personal items (clothes, outdoor gear, etc.). Thanks!

I've shipped boxes and clothes. Just the postage; no other fees.

Are you Canadian resident or first time mover, or are the goods for somebody else? If you are a Canadian resident or if you are shipping the goods to somebody else they are subject to duties if over $800 CAD. If you are moving the first time to Canada or are moving back to Canada after at least 12 months absence they are duty free, but they must accompany you or you must supply a copy of the "Form BSF186, Personal Effects Accounting Document" when picking the goods up from customs.

Canadian moving back after more than 12 months absence. Currently non-resident. If I use HKPost, how does it work with the items accompanying me and picking up from customs? Wouldn't it just be posted to my address in Canada? I can see how it would work if I used a shipping/relocation services. Thanks!