Like Tree7Likes

Any good service to ship extra luggages in Europe

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any good service to ship extra luggages in Europe

Hi
    I am leaving HK by the end of this month and I have 2 extra luggages that I can’t bring with me on the plane.
    Do you know any reliable service in Hong Kong with a door to door service to send luggages.
    I don’t know if any local service has an international option

thanks

Depending on the airline, the extra bag fee may be cheaper than a shipper (especially since so few planes are flying these days, those commercial flights often take some freight).

Do you have any miles/points with the airline? Some airlines let you trade points for extra bags, worth looking into if you haven't already...

I don’t have any extra miles for the luggage. But I thought it will be easier if I don’t have to carry all the luggage with me to the airport, that’s why I am looking for a door to door service

MABinPengChau likes this.

I'm also interested as I will need to send something heavy (100 kg/200 lbs) to Europe, so if anyone has some experience, I'm in.
    @Cgouraud: DHL offers ocean freight options (I'm sure other large shippers have similar services), but cheap it ain't. Have you tried to contact any international movers or is your shipment too small?

I tried but it’s too small it’s just 2 large luggages 25-30 kg

I used SevenSeas to send 49 boxes of my shit from Hong Kong to Australia when I left HK. The price was very competitive, service was great, they delivered free boxes to my apartment a few weeks before pickup, everything is done online, I could even use their website to track the container ship it was on and where it went on it's 8 week voyage around the Pacific (was docked off Shenzhen for a bloody long time!).

The bloody Australian customs detained my shipment for a while because my Dyson vacuum cleaner had a bit of dust in it and was a biosecurity hazard. They charged me an extra AU$55 cleaning fee which I am sure is just some idiot opening and emptying my vacuum cleaner. But not SevenSeas fault.

They picked up Dec 12th, delivered to Perth Australia on 19th Feb. More or less on schedule.

If you only want to ship a few boxes, they will do that too. I am sure the price per box will be higher but check their website and get an instant online quote without any bullshit having to leave your name and number and then some guy calling you back.

It If I can hop in on this thread....

I am looking to send a few boxes of stuff to UK in July, I’m not bothered about how long it takes as we are taking the long way home.

i just want cheap (and reasonable reliable).

So are there other companies like Seven Seas around?

I did some looking into it and found this info which could work out the cheapest if you're not in a hurry to get it at your home country.

HK Post

Surface parcel to Europe - Suitcase?
    Hey there! Maybe someone has some experience... Is it possible to send a (large!) suitcase as a surface package through the Hong Kong post? Or will they insist on a cardboard box?

(Or do you guys have any other recommendations to send over ~ 25 kg for relatively cheap?)

Thank you!

Edit: In case somebody else was wondering this: Yes, you can just send your luggage over! You don't even need a cardboard box, as long as you; Wrap some part of it in paper so they can attach the address etc. The luggage isn't locked -- in case they need to open it for tax purposes. The lady recommended me to buy some luggage straps to feel safe about it.

My luggage is 78cmx53cmx31cm -- and that was no problem. It was about 500 HKD for surface shipping to Germany for 20 kg - and about 1300 HKD through airmail. Surface shipping can take over two months, airmail will take a lot less. (But I'm poor, so I didn't enquire further)

HK post was super helpful and the English was really amazing too.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/HongKong/co...rope_suitcase/
    MABinPengChau and Pauljoecoe like this.

https://www.hongkongpost.hk/en/postage_calculator/

30Kg Suitcase is $662 with tracking
    Cgouraud likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe:
    It If I can hop in on this thread....

I am looking to send a few boxes of stuff to UK in July, I’m not bothered about how long it takes as we are taking the long way home.

i just want cheap (and reasonable reliable).

So are there other companies like Seven Seas around?
    Use HK Post.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast