Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wanderer01

Transferring money to US

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Transferring money to US

    Looking to leave HK this year. Due to CV19 there isn’t enough work to keep me here. Are there any Americans here who can share some advice about transferring my savings to the US. Aside from declaring any capital gains in future 1040 filing what do I need to do in order to transfer a large sum (MPF) etc etc to the US?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2017

    Open HSBC account in HK, ask them to open a HSBC US account for you (assuming you are a US person, should be easy). Do a global transfer from HK to US when your funds are deposited in your HK account.

    HSBC Premier - no fee;
    HSBC Advance - USD 7 fee.

    JisunCho likes this.