Like Tree14Likes

Need some help with renewing BNO passport

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

You will also need a friend to confirm you exist lol a friend that has a british passport.

https://www.passport.service.gov.uk/...rming-identity

Quote Originally Posted by Guyper:

It says on their page to take "digital" photos to apply for a passport online. Does taking pictures with your cellphone count as legit digital passport photos?

Do the phone booths in MTRs offer digital photos?

Should the photos be in PNG format only?

The second option says "Use the code to add the photo to your application". Do I get to use the code after checking out?

The third option says "Upload the file to add the photo to your application". How and where do I upload it?
    I just got a digital passport photo from Fotomax (I also got some hard copies ones at the same time). Cost was HK$100 for 4 copies, and $50 for the digital. More pricey than a machine, but they are very efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    You will also need a friend to confirm you exist lol a friend that has a british passport.

https://www.passport.service.gov.uk/...rming-identity

I did online application for renewal of BNO passport (for my wife) and nowhere along the process did they ask for identity verification / confirmation by another person.

The above link you posted says that they send an email to the nominated person for online verification so if need arises, I'm sure it shouldn't be much of an issue.

Strange

Quote Originally Posted by Jaz Paul:
    I did online application for renewal of BNO passport (for my wife)
    Once you fill in the prelimanary info, the below pops out before you get to the photo upload section. Yes very strange why you didnt see the identity verification because after you upload the photos, the photo gets automatically attached to the identity verificaiton that you fill out, it will have your application number attached as well.

I got it for my mrs BNO renewal.

How to apply
    Get a digital passport photo
    We’ll show you how to get a digital photo.

Apply and pay online
    A standard passport costs £86 plus a £19.86 courier fee.

Ask someone to confirm your identity
    They can confirm your identity online without a printed photo.

Send us your documents
    We’ll tell you what you need to send.

I just tried again
    Page 1: do you live in the UK? Chose NO and selected HK from drop down menu.
    Page 2: D.O.B
    Page 3: have you had a UK passport before? Selected YES
    Page 4: is your passport lost or stolen? NO
    Page 5: when was your passport issued?
    Entered details.
    Which was pp issuing authority?
    OTHER
    Page 6: is your passport damaged? NO
    Page 7: do you passports from other countries?
    YES,
    What nationality is written on your passport?selected BNO (usually resident in HK)
    Page 8: message appears stating that I'm applying for adult renewal. CONTINUE
    Page 9: do you want to apply for passport now?
    YES
    Page 10: the below page appears , the following page asks to upload a digital photo or enter a phone booth code.

No mention of confirmation of identity by someone neither one nor the last when I had submitted it.

Name:  P_20200606_173124_vHDR_Auto_1.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  3.08 MB

chuckster007 and shri like this.

Does it matter how old the BNO passport was? I've completed the form for a couple of people I know who last had a valid BNO a decade ago - therefore I think it is treated a new application rather than a renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    The last time I helped a friend with her BNO passport renewal online was three years ago. Nowhere did I see this "identity verification "stuff. Looks like the rules have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyper:
    When you're done renewing and paying online, do you need to print something out and send it them? What is it?
    Did you thoroughly read/follow the instructions and guidelines. Everything -- how to save your online application so that you don't need a USB, the address you need to send the documents to, what docs to be posted, the do's and dont's of an acceptable photo, how long it will take to receive your new pp etc. -- is all provided on the website you open(ed) to fill up the application.
    chuckster007 and Jaz Paul like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaz Paul:
    Page 4: is your passport lost or stolen? NO
    Mate I figure out why lol, its because both my mrs and sister in law dont have their old BNO's so I had to put it as LOST (it was already reported) I reckon its because of this thats why they both needed verification of their idently by someone not related and who is British.
    Jaz Paul and shri like this.

Question, for BNO renewal, is it possible for passport to be delivered in Mainland or anywhere within Europe?