Like Tree10Likes

Selling property while overseas

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Selling property while overseas

I'm currently not in Hong Kong and have decided not to return and want to sell my property. However, with COVID it's difficult to travel just to sell a property. Does anyone have experience selling while outside of Hong Kong, is that possible? Am I able to sign all documents remotely?

Kiz

I was given power of attorney to sell a friend's property recently, may be the easiest option if you have someone you trust to do that.

To clarify I didn't do anything towards the sale just signed the documents when they had everything lined up through an estate agent

Did your friend have to go to a consulate to give power of attorney or is there some other option?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark1977:
    Did your friend have to go to a consulate to give power of attorney or is there some other option?
    If you don't have anyone trustworthy, you can also ask your HK solicitor to act on your behalf
    Last edited by ArrynField; 26-06-2020 at 03:25 PM.
    shri likes this.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by Mark1977:
    I honestly have no idea I am sure your lawyer could advise you

Even if your friend signs on your behalf, you will need a POA for them to act for you.

You would also require a HK solicitor to act for you. You can appoint a HK solicitor to act on your behalf and arrange a POA. In addition, the HK solicitor would also need to verify your ID & Address, which you can do through their affiliated UK solicitor.

Thank you to the OP and other respondents! I have the exact same issue!

Can anyone on this thread recommend a solicitor who is willing and experienced in acting for overseas landlords in selling HK properties? I've been tasked with this too. Unfortunately, several solicitors have turned down the business as they will only take on cases where the seller is physically in HK and can appear in front of them in person.

Would love to hear any recommendations or experiences from the collective wisdom of this forum! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by z754103:
    Thank you to the OP and other respondents! I have the exact same issue!

Can anyone on this thread recommend a solicitor who is willing and experienced in acting for overseas landlords in selling HK properties? I've been tasked with this too. Unfortunately, several solicitors have turned down the business as they will only take on cases where the seller is physically in HK and can appear in front of them in person.

Would love to hear any recommendations or experiences from the collective wisdom of this forum! Thank you!
    The HK solicitor can normally find one of the London Chinatown solicitor's to verify your ID and address.
    shri likes this.

You can also try

Leung Kin & Co.
    FANLING OFFICE
    No. 6, Luen Fat Street,
    G/F, Luen Wo Market,
    New Territories,
    Hong Kong.
    Tel: (852) 2675 0611
    Fax: (852) 2675 4247
    e-mail: [email protected]

z754103 likes this.