UK: Taking Personal Possessions

UK: Taking Personal Possessions

Hello,

My wife and I will be returning to the U.K. soon and are looking for international shipping options. Has anyone had any experience shipping their possessions overseas that could give some advice on this?

Thanks

Currently have ********* in my flat packing everything up and can highly recommend them so far! Decent price and have helped us through the process each step of the way.

One thing you need to be aware of is you will need a Transfer of Residence number from HMRC to make sure you don't get charged import duty on any of your things.

Get the ball rolling here....

http://https://www.gov.uk/government...r-relief-tor01

Hi thanks for replying but I can’t see your company recommendation p. It is starred out in both your reply and private message. Can you recommend it again but maybe space the letters out. Also the link to U.K. gov didn’t work. What should I search to find the page you linked ?

bdw

Are you looking for a full service option with large furniture? Or just small possessions that you can pack yourself? Seven Seas were good for me, shipping personal possessions and small appliances, but nothing large and I packed the boxes myself (Seven Seas deliver free boxes in a couple of different sizes and tape before the pickup date). I shipped about 50 boxes.

If you don't have too much stuff, I heard the post office is a good method. The have 30kg boxes and charges something like $600 per box to UK. But if you have 50 boxes like me, then Seven Seas averages out to around $300 per box

Post office worked for me, 5 boxes of 30KG for 3600HKD.The down side over Seven Seas is you have get your own boxes ( The post office sale,a variety of sizes- 45HKD for the biggest 30KG ones)and deliver the boxes to the post office. We got a go go van to do that.

the Post office provide you with a form to list category of contents,

Seven seas works out a little more expensive as they charge the UK side of the delivery on top and that’s quite a bit more. However you do have the convenience of boxes delivered to you and collected when ready. My 3 x 30 kg quote from Seven Seas was About 600 a box but they then charged £117for the UK end of the delivery.

You can request the Post Office to pickup Speedpost boxes from your home.

https://speedpost.hongkongpost.hk/sp...ickupOrder.jsf

Thanks all for the advice above. I'm also looking into cheaper ways of sending personal stuff to US. Mostly personal belongings. Got quotation on sea shipping by a few international moving companies - definitely way beyond how much I wanted to spend. Will check with Post Office and Seven Seas in this case.