Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
"Minimal capital gains" - Ha ha, caught you out. ;-)

Attachment 83723
haha but not really. My HK property valued on paper at $14m in Jan 2021, but if I sell now realistically might get $12m-$14m, so a capital gains loss of $2m to zero. But this is all on paper for tax purposes, since I actually bought in 2009 for $6m, so in reality make double off it. Its just that I changed my tax residency in Jan 2020.

But yeah I still maintain is a small buying opportunity now, prices down a bit in the last year due to COVID and political uncertainties. But its not going done any more now. So now is the buying opportunity, especially if you are living and renting in HK now. Stop paying rent and buy something!!

But for me personally, I don't live in HK anymore, so I might sell it later this year. Not because I think the price will drop, but because where I live now is probably going to be an even better option. Hong Kong prices will boom no doubt, but Australia is under a mega-boom at the moment. So I might transfer my money out of HK to take advantage of something even better. But for those of you living in HK, its still a great choice.

https://www.domain.com.au/news/perth...tlight-1031910