Like Tree52Likes

MM2H / Malaysian Retirement Questions

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Finally, as expected, someone is awaken after strong voice from various sectors, lets see how much sanity prevails..

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nati...-mm2h-criteria

shri likes this.

Sounds good. Hopefully they get this sorted by 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by ndt:
    Finally, as expected, someone is awaken after strong voice from various sectors, lets see how much sanity prevails..
    The Sultan of Johor voiced his opinion. No matter on what topic he voices an opinion, the minister of the relevant department has to respond. This reply is therefore highly predictable, and certainly not a sign of a change of mind within the government. Don't hold your breath.
    shri likes this.

Some breather for existing MM2H holders and ice cold water for new applicants.. Goodbye MM2H, Selamat Tinggal Malaysia..

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nati...g-mm2h-holders

From that article:

He gave his assurance to the existing participants that they will only need to comply with the increase in fee pass from RM90 to RM500 per year, and the requirement to stay in the country for a minimum of 90 days a year.

"However, for new holders, they will need to meet all the new criteria under the MM2H programme to ensure that only those who are genuine and of ‘good quality’, and who can really contribute positively to the nation’s economy are allowed to join the programme,” he said in his winding-up speech for the 12th Malaysia Plan.
    I don't know what the Malaysian equivalent of gazetting a change to rules is (like HK has a gazette of changes to rules and regulations etc).

These are still speeches and PR from the govt, have they actually put these down as approved and sealed by the cabinet or whatever body can turn these policy statements into rules?

Since the matter is in parliament since KPMG review, i would assume final details would still require cabinet approval or some sort of of official endorsment but really who cares if its just a matter of formality or there are still some twists left, trust is lost..

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    These are still speeches and PR from the govt, have they actually put these down as approved and sealed by the cabinet or whatever body can turn these policy statements into rules?
    Exactly. From anything he said thus far has nothing been put in writing. The immigration website, which is supposed to accept new applications since this month, is not updated to reflect its new role. The list of requirements for new applications is not available there.

Malaysia has just announced opening up Langkawi to vaccinated tourist from Nov 15 on a 3 month trial. Details to follow...

Yes, but still require 3 weeks quarantine upon returning to HK …

I'm seriously looking at the Sarawak version of this. Downside - despite living in Malaysia for 2 years and many work trips/holidays since, I have actually never been to Sarawak. If anyone on here has and has any views, much appreciated. (I've been to most places in Peninsular Malaysia and Kota Kinabalu for comparison purposes).

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast