Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By chuckster007
  • 1 Post By qhank

TB test?

Closed Thread

TB test?

Hi,

A British passport holder. Do you need to have a TB test done to show when you’re entering the uk?

Quote Originally Posted by tabbymom:
    Hi,

A British passport holder. Do you need to have a TB test done to show when you’re entering the uk?
    I don't believe you will as you are not applying for a visa.

https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa/coun...o-enter-the-uk

HK is a TB hot spot. I will be interesting to see the TB data for 2022 given the long gestation of the bacteria.

https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa

Who does not need to be tested

You will not need a TB test if any of the following apply:

• you’re a diplomat accredited to the UK
    • you’re a returning UK resident and have not been away for more than 2 years
    • you lived for at least 6 months in a country where TB screening is not required by the UK, and you’ve been away from that country for no more than 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by Shiojiri Hiro:
    https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa

Who does not need to be tested

You will not need a TB test if any of the following apply:

• you’re a diplomat accredited to the UK
    • you’re a returning UK resident and have not been away for more than 2 years
    • you lived for at least 6 months in a country where TB screening is not required by the UK, and you’ve been away from that country for no more than 6 months
    just because of being away for more than 2 years, i’m here to ask such question...so still need to do a TB test, right?

just because of being away for more than 2 years, i’m here to ask such question...so still need to do a TB test, right?
    Have you not been to the UK even for a short visit?

That link is for visa applications.

Not seen anything which requires UK citizens to take a TB test before returning home. Should be easy to check by tweeting or asking the consulate via social media.

no you dont need TB test to enter UK if you are a BRIT. my mates all returned to UK and not one did or mention TB test, only their spouses needed to do one for their spousal visa application.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    no you dont need TB test to enter UK if you are a BRIT. my mates all returned to UK and not one did or mention TB test, only their spouses needed to do one for their spousal visa application.
    Yes you are right, my two daughters who have British citizenship and had been out of the country for more than two years didn't need one. My wife couldn't make her appointment and they didn't rebook so she never had one.

I seem to remember that they might ask when you go to a GP. But by then you'll have arrived and so they'll just put u on a wait list for a scan and you can sit in an NHS hospital for a few hours and get it....I remember when I changed GPs ages ago it's on the checklist they have now on their computers when taking on new patients.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:

HK is a TB hot spot. I will be interesting to see the TB data for 2022 given the long gestation of the bacteria.
    Don't think it'll help. Apparently the bulk majority of HK's TB cases are in the 75+ age group and due to reactivation of latent infections. So closing the border is not going to eliminate them.

However, should a Covid wave come through and wipe out the 75+ age group that would indeed solve HK's TB problem
    East_coast likes this.