Moving from HK to Shenzhen at the end of the month - logistics?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Moving from HK to Shenzhen at the end of the month - logistics?

My visa for China has been approved and I plan to move at the end of the month - I'll be taking everything that I have with me including a large rolling suitcase, small rolling suitcase, guitar in a carrying case, backpack, and possibly one other large bag of miscellaneous stuff. What are my options for travelling and what do people recommend? I know that if I go by train I'll have to arrange additional baggage transportation as it won't all be allowed on according to the MTR website - what about taking a bus?

Thanks in advance for any advice. Also curious to know how it all works out with entering quarantine as I'll have to do that as well once I've entered Shenzhen.

A friend just moved to SZ via SZ Bay border (I think it was) with quite a few trolleys. I think the coaches don't care much.

If it’s still running easiest would be to take the coach from Tung Chung city gate mall, they are used to high load.
    They depart from the back entrance, close to the library

what about that SF company?
    when i moved from hk to DGN, i had a week to do it & we had a van here in china waiting

Quote Originally Posted by happy_camper:
    A friend just moved to SZ via SZ Bay border (I think it was) with quite a few trolleys. I think the coaches don't care much.
    Can you expand on this? I really have no idea what to expect or how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hkme123:
    My visa for China has been approved and I plan to move at the end of the month - I'll be taking everything that I have with me including a large rolling suitcase, small rolling suitcase, guitar in a carrying case, backpack, and possibly one other large bag of miscellaneous stuff. What are my options for travelling and what do people recommend? I know that if I go by train I'll have to arrange additional baggage transportation as it won't all be allowed on according to the MTR website - what about taking a bus?

Thanks in advance for any advice. Also curious to know how it all works out with entering quarantine as I'll have to do that as well once I've entered Shenzhen.
    There is no train, your only option is to cross on foot via the Shenzhen Bay crossing. Then quarantine for 14 days or whatever the current quarantine period is. Afaik you must pre-book a spot for quarantine.

https://hk.sz.gov.cn:8118
    Last edited by mrgoodkat; 11-08-2021 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hkme123:
    Can you expand on this? I really have no idea what to expect or how to do it.
    Take the bus to SZ Bay. That is all. Entry will take a while and you go straight to a quarantine hotel for 2 weeks. You can't chose the hotel and need to pay whatever it costs. No alcohol, scissors, knifes allowed.

You can't chose the hotel and need to pay whatever it costs.
    You can somewhat choose the hotel. When you hand over your ID/Passport you can tell them your budget. It's easier if you are willing to stay in the most expensive hotel, because pretty much everyone else wants the cheapest. Prices range from 250 to 580 a night.

Take the bus to SZ Bay. That is all. Entry will take a while and you go straight to a quarantine hotel for 2 weeks. You can't chose the hotel and need to pay whatever it costs. No alcohol, scissors, knifes allowed.
    Some of the bus company websites are saying they aren't operating at the moment and I'm struggling to find correct info - do you know if there's one that goes directly from the Mongkok area or if there's a particular reputable bus service I should use?

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    You can somewhat choose the hotel. When you hand over your ID/Passport you can tell them your budget. It's easier if you are willing to stay in the most expensive hotel, because pretty much everyone else wants the cheapest. Prices range from 250 to 580 a night.
    It's a package deal that includes meals similar to HK quarantine, right? Any idea how difficult it would be to arrange vegetarian meals? Food delivery options?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast