Like Tree10Likes

Questions about MPF

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Questions about MPF

Hello my family is moving to UK, and my dad wants to take out his MPF. The issue is, he has worked many jobs and has MPF in different banks. He told me, its been so long, he only remembers Manulife MPF, he is unsure what other banks has his MPF, we only could find another AIA MPF document, but he is certain there is more than 5 banks from his past employments.

How can I help him further? I am his English translator too, and I am unfamiliar with MPF as well. Where should we go to take out MPF, do we have to go to individual banks, or is there a MPF building, where all the details of his past employments and MPF are recorded so it's easier that way?

Thank you, this is exactly I was looking for! I will go through this process with my dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Beltie:
    Hello my family is moving to UK, and my dad wants to take out his MPF.

Where should we go to take out MPF, do we have to go to individual banks, or is there a MPF building, where all the details of his past employments and MPF are recorded so it's easier that way?
    I just did this last month and I found I had a forgotten MPF with a lump sum sitting there which was a good surprise, more money to spend in UK woohoo

deleteduser has given you the link to either visit one of the MPF address or get the app, if you want to visit them personally, call the number given and make an appointment. Try playing with the app 1st and if that doesnt work then go visit them

Once you have found out where all the MPF accounts are with with banks, you can tell your dad to apply for Consolidation of personal accounts by filling the forms shown in the below link, this will make it easy for him to withdraw from one account instead of filling in many withdrawal forms. look at forms 2 & 3 from the below link.

https://www.mpfa.org.hk/en/home/usef...sonal-accounts

When its time to withdraw your dad needs to fill out two forms

https://www.mpfa.org.hk/en/mpf-syste...drawal#anchor2

2. Permanent departure from Hong Kong
    1. Identity document (e.g. HKID card)
    2. Claim form for payment of MPF on grounds of permanent departure from Hong Kong / total incapacity / terminal illness / small balance / death [MPF(S) – W(O)]
    3. Statutory declaration form [MPF(S) – W(SD2)]
    4. Documentary proof satisfying the trustee that the member is permitted to reside in a place outside Hong Kong
    Beltie and shri like this.

Oh I can combine all other MPF accounts into one and just withdraw all within one, that's really going to make the process easier, thank you!

I have one another question regarding MPF, my dad asked, if for instance, he wants to come back and work in Hong Kong, is there any penalties or can he have MPF again?

https://www.mpfa.org.hk/en/enforceme...-and-penalties

I want to make sure, does this mean he can't withdraw early on the same grounds again, or does this mean he can't work and have MPF again?

3. Statutory declaration form [MPF(S) – W(SD2)]
    He will need to go to a Home Affairs office to get the form signed and chopped.
    Beltie likes this.

hmm, my reply didn't go through, says it needs moderator, maybe because there is a link?
    Thank you for your detailed guide, this is going to make my life a lot easier! The consolidation form is really helpful, one question though, does that mean he doesn't have to go through all the banks in the city and withdraw all at once, but from which bank? or we can choose where to withdraw from?

My another question is from my dad, for instance, if he decides to return back to HK to work here again, can he do that or is it a criminal offense? I read somewhere that it is, or is it an offense only when if he again wants to withdraw MPF early?

Thank you so much for your help!

or is it an offense only when if he again wants to withdraw MPF early?
    There is no offense of any kind here, they will simply reject his application to withdraw MPF before retirement age.. He can freely work and start over MPF again without any issue.
    Beltie likes this.

One thing, do read up and research on the move - your father will need to convince the MPF authority that he has an unrestricted ability to move to where he is planning. If it involves a BNO and that new visa / scheme, the MPF does not consider it an unrestricted move. The same applies for many retirement visas, as they're temporary.

ndt likes this.

The same applies for many retirement visas, as they're temporary.
    This is interesting, never heard before, any anecdotal for this?

Thank you, this puts us at ease! Thank you all, really grateful for your responses. My parents would usually pay someone else to do even the simplest of things in terms of documents, I feel happy that I can be of help to them like this!

Can I still ask questions here in this thread in the next upcoming days if I have some issues following this matter's procedure, or should I open a new thread then? Sorry this is my first time using this forum.

z754103 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast