Like Tree18Likes

Flying / Shipping to UK from HK

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    I may end up digging to BDW or SKYHOOKS house down under
    We'll have the barbie going and a slab of ice cold Bundy cans waiting for you if you make it!

Oh I know as Ive been asking a few logistic companies for the past two months on how much to ship my stuff over, a few came back with like quotes like 25K for 2CBM which only includes 2 week warehouse cost, the cartons provided were small.

Feck that, Im going to ship using HK Post Office, may take 2-4 months but i aint in no hurry to receive so many boxes LOL
    Sucked in, I just dug up my old invoice from Seven Seas from January 2020. I paid around $14.5k for 4.12 CBM door to door, including delivery of empty boxes, collection of full boxes from my flat, delivery to my new place in Aus.

Name:  sevenseas.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  151.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Almost anywhere in Asia would work. Middle East too. Suggested sgp as it seems that hk-SG route has the most flights as of today.
    what was going to cost me HK$1300 for 3 (2 adults & 1 child) one way ticket to Manchester (UK), im not looking to fork out 10K and not including extra luggage
    Oh well, time to suck it up and fly Turkish Kebab Airlines

Might as well wait then for CX to open more routes / increase frequency.

@chuckster007 if you check out that pet FB group, you can maybe help someone out by putting their pet on your ticket. Sometimes people are willing to pay your ticket.

MABinPengChau likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Sucked in, I just dug up my old invoice from Seven Seas from January 2020. I paid around $14.5k for 4.12 CBM
    Name:  sevenseas.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  151.4 KB
    a few came back with like quotes like 25K for 2CBM
    Were you both living like monks? When we moved our shipment was 80 CBM. 2 CMB is like 2 suitcases worth of stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Can't believe how much our total household income will be cut by leaving, though. Always painful to do that calculation. Even if the price of cheese will be less.
    That's what I thought as well, but everything else is so much cheaper. I'm making about half of what I made in HK, after-tax. But housing is only about a third, food as well, insurance, gas is laughably cheap, cars etc.
    Not having to wear a face mask and being able to just travel everywhere is priceless.
    Last edited by mrgoodkat; 29-03-2022 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    @chuckster007 if you check out that pet FB group, you can maybe help someone out by putting their pet on your ticket. Sometimes people are willing to pay your ticket.
    which / where group, can u share a link, im willing to help someone if they need to add to my ticket.

Part 2 posted

which / where group, can u share a link, im willing to help someone if they need to add to my ticket.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/490907872605291/

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Were you both living like monks? When we moved our shipment was 80 CBM. 2 CMB is like 2 suitcases worth of stuff
    Hang on a minute. 4 cubic metres is 50 boxes (some small, some large), enough to fill these trucks below. A bit more than a few suitcases, but yeah we sold all of our furniture and other large shit before leaving HK. I cannot imagine what 80CBM would look like

Pickup from HK

Name:  sevenseas1.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  279.4 KB

Name:  sevenseas2.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  463.2 KB

Delivery to Australia

Name:  sevenseas3.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  472.4 KB

Name:  Sevenseas4.jpg