Like Tree18Likes

Flying / Shipping to UK from HK

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    but yeah we sold all of our furniture and other large shit before leaving HK. I cannot imagine what 80CBM would look like
    Ah, we kept all our furniture, sofa, beds etc. It was all custom and we brought it already with us when we moved to HK from China. I can't even remember how many trucks we had when we moved to HK, but we needed two and a half containers to the US. My wife refused to leave any of our stuff behind. I could have done without most of the dressers, but she was quite adamant that it was all part of our lives.
    Last edited by mrgoodkat; 29-03-2022 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    but she was quite adamant that it was all part of our lives.
    The BOSS put her foot down lol

Luckily all our furniture is IKEA and a small 2 seater 2nd hand sofa, not taking any of it, will give it away for FREE on marketplace, all extra non essentials that we wont be shipping will be given to our helper for 1st picking and even for her to share with the other helpers in her boarding house, shes taken a few big bags already LOL

I've bought 15 (30kgs size) boxes to pack and ship through HK POST, anything that doesnt make it into the 15 boxes will give given away

My other mate that is already in the UK, his mrs n kids (who are in HK still) is already packing the stuff to ship to UK, he's like dump it all, dont ship crap over, its much cheaper over there and less headache to pack and ship Plus he has to fill in TOR (transfer of residence). I wouldnt want to be in her shoes, 4th floor walk up
    shri, bdw and mrgoodkat like this.

@chuckster007 - marie kondo rules - take shit that brings you joy. Dump the rest...

(And no, thats not an excuse for a hamsup reply!)

kimwy66 and Shiojiri Hiro like this.

Not sure how one can come up with a hamsup reply to that???

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    @chuckster007 - marie kondo rules - take shit that brings you joy. Dump the rest...
    At least one of my cats and all of my US tax returns do not bring me joy but packed them anyway...
    Cheeky Kiwi and mrgoodkat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    Not sure how one can come up with a hamsup reply to that???
    Wait for it....
    Cheeky Kiwi likes this.

Bloomin' heck. We sent 5 30KG boxes home and I had a go at the wife because I thought most of that was junk!

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    At least one of my cats and all of my US tax returns do not bring me joy but packed them anyway...
    Hope the cat is ok these days!
    MABinPengChau likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    Hope the cat is ok these days!
    Cat is still angry at me for shipping her to Taiwan- and after losing 1/3 of her body weight in quarantine, still has not regained all that much. So she mostly glares at me...
    emx likes this.

We shipped 7m3 in September 2020 with Allied Pickfords, for $35k. Took nearly 6 months due to COVID container shortage. We didn't ship furniture or appliances, just personal stuff, & a lot of guitars/amps/drums/sewing machines. Used HK Post for a load of documents/books. And 9 bags on the plane!

Amazing how much crap we carry around, just to store in one place or another on the basis that it means something.