Like Tree18Likes

Flying / Shipping to UK from HK

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe:
    Bloomin' heck. We sent 5 30KG boxes home and I had a go at the wife because I thought most of that was junk!
    I've managed to pack 3 x 30Kg boxes of my toys n crap lol and mixed in some of my kid toys as well, I packed and sealed it before the mrs came home from work and saw whats inside those boxes

I got a friend to post a box to me mid December.

Three months later, it’s still on a boat in HK.

Hey Chuckster, this is off-topic but are you taking a UPro TV box with you?

I highly recommend you do, esp if you want to watch sport without paying Sky fees and to also watch the latest international TV series.

Get the latest one, UProS in HK. It’ll be cheaper than trying to buy one on Amazon when you’re here.

chuckster007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bsh:
    I have a few of them from V4 to Pro2 and V8 all ready to take with me to UK but tks for the confirmation that it works over there.

Will fight of the TV license kunts with No speak da engrish reply

Update: In order to save my back from further pain in moving 15 x 30kg boxes myself to the nearest post office I signed up with SevenSeas to ship my boxes to UK.

Earliest they can supply me with empty boxes is 4/27 and they can pick up 4/29 so I said Ill go pick up the boxes myself or arrange a van to go pick it up, they charge $350 to enter their warehouse in Kwai Chung to pick up LOL

15 SevenSeas Large size boxes
    4 Custom size - hk post office M4 size boxes

Total: 18619 HKD

So I'm paying nearly 3K extra for them to come pick up my boxes

bdw likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Update: In order to save my back from further pain in moving 15 x 30kg boxes myself to the nearest post office I signed up with SevenSeas to ship my boxes to UK.

Earliest they can supply me with empty boxes is 4/27 and they can pick up 4/29 so I said Ill go pick up the boxes myself or arrange a van to go pick it up, they charge $350 to enter their warehouse in Kwai Chung to pick up LOL

15 SevenSeas Large size boxes
    4 Custom size - hk post office M4 size boxes

Total: 18619 HKD

So I'm paying nearly 3K extra for them to come pick up my boxes
    The seven seas cube is a similar price too. Did you find anywhere cheaper? You're lucky you didn't go through HKpost, heard some horror stories about boxes getting returned / missing and you need to pay, for them to investigate.

Seven seas do not go inside the house to pick up boxes so I had to physically move 18 boxes to the gf lobby and wait for them to pick up FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Seven seas do not go inside the house to pick up boxes so I had to physically move 18 boxes to the gf lobby and wait for them to pick up FYI.
    When Seven seas picked up my 50 boxes, they said in an email beforehand they dont enter your apartment, so I had the boxes lined up at the elevator on my floor (15/F). I did call beforehand to ask if that was Ok or I had to bring them to G/F myself, but their call center was not very clear, I think I was talking to someone in UK who has no idea about HK high rise living. So anyway I left them on 15/F, when the driver came to collect I was prepared to start clogging up the elevators in my building myself, but actually there were two guys, first guy came 30 minutes before a second guy with the truck, and first guy seemed a bit surprised I had already done this much, seemed he expected to pick up from the apartment anyway. So he didnt have much to do until 2nd guy rocked up with the truck and then they started loading the boxes onto pallets and shrinkwrapping them.

If you pack your own stuff, how does insurance or tor work?

Do they reopen to check what's inside and make sure its packed well?

Quote Originally Posted by bsh:

I highly recommend you do, esp if you want to watch sport without paying Sky fees and to also watch the latest international TV series.

Get the latest one, UProS in HK. It’ll be cheaper than trying to buy one on Amazon when you’re here.
    First I'm hearing of this box? Any info you can share via DM?
    Is it easy to set up? Can I watch the football at decent quality?
    Last edited by Maybejames; 05-05-2022 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Didn't use quote properly!