Like Tree16Likes

Getting a HK Certificates of No Criminal Conviction from outside of HK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Talking CERTIFICATE OF NO CRIMINAL CONVICTION HONG KONG

Hello there ,

Hi guys I hope someone can answer my concern
    Me and my wife lodged visa application in Australia last june 03 ,2022 thru agency I am worried because the agency is asking us a HK police clearance which I explained to them before we get it we must have the referal letter coming from AUS first inorder to proceed to our police clearance application
    we've been living here like almost 16 yrs now ,

Until now we haven't recieved any referal letter in order us to proceed to the CNCC for our visa application
    From what I have searched while our visa is lodging the letter from home affairs AUS will be given to us so that we can get the police clearance here in HKG while the visa is on process ,

Is there anyone experience this ? Or will the AUS will approve our visa without the HKG police clearance
    which we already have from our originated country

Is it really long for the home affairs in AUS to process the said letter ?

How long gou guys think before they release the reffleral letter for us to get the certificate or NO criminal conviction ,

We are applying for 482 visa which 4 yrs

CNCC HK

Hi Frinz

In my experience it took 2-3 weeks for the department of home affairs in Australia to issue the referral letter for the Hong Kong police certificate. Your agency should be arranging that for you.

You will definitely need to get the CNCC if you have lived in HK for 16 years.

One tip, even without the Aus referral letter, you can still make an appointment in Wan chai for the CNCC. I recommend you do this now as the lead time is approx 6 weeks. By the time the appointment comes around, you should have the referral letter

HK_Katherine likes this.

Does anyone know if the CNCC application has strict rules around applying when outside of HK, even if you have not permanently departed from HK?

I am in the process of applying for CNCC, though I have become stuck in the UK due to HKs covid travel restrictions. I have all required documents, and a friend who can submit the application for me in Wan Chai. I can even get certified fingerprints from the UK police. My concern is that although I am currently in the UK, my resident address is in HK.

are there any rules to say you can only apply from ‘outside Hong Kong’, if you are no longer a Hong Kong resident?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola2903:
    Does anyone know if the CNCC application has strict rules around applying when outside of HK, even if you have not permanently departed from HK?
    Although I have not physically been in HK for 2.5 years (Covid restrictions), I still file income tax return in HK and the IRD has my HK address. I even still have the MPF in HK. To the HK Police - in my application for CNCC - I wrote that my address is outside HK. Noone asked me why I am applying from outside of HK. If they were to ask, I would have told them I do not want to return to HK yet because of Covid madness.

I think noone will ask you. Just apply from outside of HK. There is nothing in the instructions that said that if you are HK resident you must apply in person.

Thank you Nicola for the response ,
    I will do you suggestion .
    Hopefully someone reach your questions with proper answer.keep safe

Quote Originally Posted by Khema:
    Although I have not physically been in HK for 2.5 years (Covid restrictions), I still file income tax return in HK and the IRD has my HK address. I even still have the MPF in HK. To the HK Police - in my application for CNCC - I wrote that my address is outside HK. Noone asked me why I am applying from outside of HK. If they were to ask, I would have told them I do not want to return to HK yet because of Covid madness.

I think noone will ask you. Just apply from outside of HK. There is nothing in the instructions that said that if you are HK resident you must apply in person.
    There is. They require your fingerprints.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    There is. They require your fingerprints.
    But they have them from your HKID application?

The fingerprints can be sent to HK by post - which is what I did from Austria and bdw did from Australia. We have discussed this extensively on Page 1.

emx and bdw like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frinz:
    Hello there ,

Hi guys I hope someone can answer my concern
    Me and my wife lodged visa application in Australia last june 03 ,2022 thru agency I am worried because the agency is asking us a HK police clearance which I explained to them before we get it we must have the referal letter coming from AUS first inorder to proceed to our police clearance application
    we've been living here like almost 16 yrs now ,

Until now we haven't recieved any referal letter in order us to proceed to the CNCC for our visa application
    From what I have searched while our visa is lodging the letter from home affairs AUS will be given to us so that we can get the police clearance here in HKG while the visa is on process ,

Is there anyone experience this ? Or will the AUS will approve our visa without the HKG police clearance
    which we already have from our originated country

Is it really long for the home affairs in AUS to process the said letter ?

How long gou guys think before they release the reffleral letter for us to get the certificate or NO criminal conviction ,

We are applying for 482 visa which 4 yrs
    Your agency sounds terrible. I applied for Australian visa just using online.immi.gov.au and everything can be done dealing with the government directly. My wife's visa took 2 years, had to be granted in 3 stages (bridging, temporary, permanent), had to do health checks, police clearances from Hong Kong and Japan, provide all the other shit, but not once did I talk to anyone, did not have to pick up a phone once, was all done through the online portal, police clearance request letter was something they sent me through the portal after I lodged the application. Why bother using an agent when its so easy to file your own application online?
    Cheeky Kiwi likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2