Like Tree70Likes

Weird SCMP comments about HK leavers...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by HSY:
    Coz you're making me go through them? Haha. I just don't believe there is an anti-CCP majority in HK by my own standards, which are higher than just voting for pro-dem legislators in an election.
    So let me get this straight, you don't believe the actual concrete voter numbers (which also had a record turnout) but rely on "your own research" instead. Congratulations, you belong to the anti-vaxx/Trumpian school of denying reality.
    ReleaseZeKraken and Mcdavid like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    Congratulations, you belong to the anti-vaxx/Trumpian school of denying reality.
    Oi I'm offended by this. If anything, they belong to my school of denying reality, they are the inferior copycats.

Oi I'm offended by this. If anything, they belong to my school of denying reality, they are the inferior copycats.
    More accurately, you belong to a group of people who it's impossible to have a meaningful conversation with since you deny objective facts and data and just draw conclusions based on the small world around you.
    Gatts likes this.

You guys are getting too serious.

I unfortunately personally know folks, even from here on Geo and in my neighborhood who are far too blue. Also if you look at previous district council election refukts by polling stations you can see where the divide is.

Take our DCler Zimmerman - lost the Belair / Cyberport vote by a significant margin. So yes that's a good enough indicator that there is was and will be a divide.

Even in the Indian community we have dicks who feel that the head bashing in 2019 was well deserved and the good for nothing video gaming kids should be locked up.

Don't get me started about the expats who were pissed off that their champagne brunch had a whiff of tear gas...

All rather unfortunate.. But at some point you just have to smile, wave and walk on...

TheBrit and alexdown like this.

Ok so far my denial is the only obstacle to the meaningful conversation...that's not bad by my standards, I think that's a personal best. 2019 election results was 3 years ago, if I keep having to use that 2019 results as the only representation of what the ppl stood for even if 3 and more yrs have passed, when I can just snapshot current state real-time today, it is a pointless debate, I'm just fencing with a ghost who wants to keep using that one result slip to get by without doing anything more.

Ok so far my denial is the only obstacle to the meaningful conversation...that's not bad by my standards, I think that's a personal best. 2019 election results was 3 years ago, if I keep having to use that 2019 results as the only representation of what the ppl stood for even if 3 and more yrs have passed, when I can just snapshot current state real-time today, it is a pointless debate, I'm just fencing with a ghost who wants to keep using that one result slip to get by without doing anything more.
    A) Show me any election result of the past decade that showed a pro-gov voting majority.
    B) There is good reason Beijing made voting illegal and threw the whole opposition in jail.
    C) Openly professing support for pro-dem is NOW MADE ILLEGAL by all means.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    A) Show me any election result of the past decade that showed a pro-gov voting majority.
    B) There is good reason Beijing made voting illegal and threw the whole opposition in jail.
    C) Openly professing support for pro-dem is NOW MADE ILLEGAL by all means.
    (A) Nooo refuse, don't want to, I'm not arguing about election results....
    (B), (C) yeah...CCP does that, I'm familiar with CCP personality, they haven't changed at all.

I think the resolution of this matters a lot less to me than it does to you - "this" meaning it is not true(or true) that HK majority is pro-est/neutral, in fact they are all pro-dem but just suppressed. . Ok, I'm happy to go with that then, why not. Like I said, if my bubble projection is wrong, then that's good for me. That conclusion doesn't make a difference at all to what I am focused on - which is the state of CCP villainy, ongoing regardless of what the HK majority believes itself to be.

Smile and wave... Smile and wave...

aw451 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Smile and wave... Smile and wave...
    Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 136
Size:  761.1 KB

Just skimming some comments on the latest Shinzo Abe developments and pretty sickening to see such heartlessness when a person has basically just lost their life. Half the comments are about his politics on re-militarising Japan wit the suggestion that perhaps he had it coming to him. Just awful. I genuinely think I should just stop reading SCMP because I neither have a subscription nor a desire to read ridiculous comments.

Mcdavid and shri like this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4