hello! planning on moving back home early next year (around February 2023 since my earliest Lease termination is that month + 2 months of rent) and have a couple questions on timing of things... I just started working in HK early this year and it is not my cup of tea!
1) I plan to give my one month notice in December 2022 and if the IR56G does not come on time from my employer (in case they play tricks with me ), may I just show IRD my bank statements and paystubs up to the latest?
2) I use Citi as my bank account and wondering if I can just ask them to update my address / cellphone for OTP to my home information since I already have an account with them over at home as well? (I don't want to close since I might be back in the future)
3) Is it mandatory to close my CSL mobile number? I want to keep it open and can pay it using my existing bank account in HK. In the states, I'll be connected to WiFi rather than using the phone's data plan.. just need the text for bank OTP if Citi does not update it to my local address.
4) There are no issues keeping credit cards open in HK right? I plan to keep my credit line open in case I want to come back in the future.
5) I read the article about MPF withdrawal but would it be better if I submit withdraw once I settle back in the states just in case customs stop me for some odd reason?