Like Tree60Likes

Moving to Singapore, or staying in Hong Kong

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisX:
    Also disagree that SG is better for families. Good for holidays but living?

Putting aside the peculiar PAP system you'd be raising them in, there's not that much to do for kids either, unless air con shopping is considered an activity. Big reason we didn't move this summer is because our eldest expressed a certain amount of cynicism regarding his anticipated lifestyle.
    Yeah, true... Singapore has a similar vibe as Dubai where they see going to the mall as an activity.

Talking about public transport, EP holders can't apply for a monthly MRT pass, so only day passes and weekly passes. Only citizen and PRs can apply for a monthly MRT pass.
    Last edited by NTCP88; Yesterday at 03:58 PM.
    shri and alexdown like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NTCP88:

Talking about public transport, EP holders can't apply for a monthly MRT pass, so only day passes and weekly passes. Only citizen and PRs can apply for a monthly MTR pass.
    That is just bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by NTCP88:
    If I decide to stay in HK, I have to make more efforts again to expand my social circle. I've been a bit lazy on that front.
    You actually have a legit reason to hang out at the pub then. No complaining about that!

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    That is just bizarre.
    Another one: citizens can have a public library card for free. All others have to pay a yearly fee to get one.
    hullexile, shri and Mrs. Jones like this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5