Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By shri

Employer doesn’t pay after tax release form

Closed Thread

Employer doesn’t pay after tax release form

Hello, thanks in advance for any advice/help on this issue.

I have recently left HK but before doing so I have sorted out all my MPF and taxes and such. The Company and I have both received the “release letter” from the IRD saying that the money that is owed to me can now be paid. Upon getting this letter I have been non stop with HR and the bosses of the company to be paid. Nothing but false promises or no replies at all. My question is: What can I do? Are there legal options I can take? How long do they have to pay me after receiving this letter?

thank you again 🙏🏼

They have 7 days to settle outstanding amounts. If they are over that remind them that they might be criminally liable and give them a day to settle. Also look up the labour department site and file a complaint with them for non payment of wages due.

https://www.tannerdewitt.com/directo...ences-company/

Beanieskis and markranson like this.

Thank you for the reply. Is that 7 days from when the release letter was issued?

Quote Originally Posted by RJD1:
    Thank you for the reply. Is that 7 days from when the release letter was issued?
    Technically 7 days from when you presented the letter to them? Talk to the labour department...
    Last edited by shri; 08-12-2023 at 08:42 AM.