Investment Tax after leaving HK

Closed Thread
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2008

    Investment Tax after leaving HK


    there is no tax on stock/FX/commodities investment in HK, but if I leave HK to an other countries(south east asia or Europe)
    1/ Can I keep these financial investments or should I close it?
    2/what happens for the related investment tax, should I declare and pay it in the new countries or I will be exempt of tax?
    3/can I invest from abroad to my HK bank account?

    thank you,

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Hong Kong

    1) Whatever earns you the most money

    2) That depends entirely on the tax regime of whereever you are moving to. But if it's somewhere that taxes investment income then it probably doesn't matter where in the world that income is.

    3) Yes, no problem.