Like Tree9Likes

leaving Hongkong with debt 24 years ago

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

As I said it is a civil debt. Even if the case has been filed in the Courts, it has nothing to do with Immigration. Also due to time lag, the case would have been dismissed by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pradeep P K:
    Thanks for your reply its a great comfort., but is there any possibility those days someone might have sued me in court and since i was not there not aware about this .,will this in anyway be a problem thanks again
    shri likes this.

Thanks for you reply really appreciate it.

Hello Gutsglory! So what happened to your police clearance? I am in the same situation too. I hav unpaid loan in primecredit and now I need to get a hk policeclearance too. Please share your experience thank you

I have unpaid loan in a financing company, prime credit because I got terminated and sent home right away. Now, I need to get HK police clearance . Will my unpaid debt in the bank can cause a bad record or criminal record in my police clearance?Thank you for your answers on this matter.

Last edited by shri; 13-04-2018 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grasya1016:
    Hello Gutsglory! So what happened to your police clearance? I am in the same situation too. I hav unpaid loan in primecredit and now I need to get a hk policeclearance too. Please share your experience thank you

I have unpaid loan in a financing company, prime credit because I got terminated and sent home right away. Now, I need to get HK police clearance . Will my unpaid debt in the bank can cause a bad record or criminal record in my police clearance?Thank you for your answers on this matter.
    No, because an unpaid debt is a civil matter, not criminal.

Unless you fraudulently applied for the loan of course, and was charged, skipped bail and are now hiding from Interpol in the Ecuadorian Embassy . In which case, yes.
    Grasya1016 and MandM! like this.

Thank you for the reply! I am just scared it would affect in my HK police clearance because I have read in another forum, one of the member said, unpaid loan can cause bad record in the police clearance.

Hong Kong is one of a handful of countries in the world that still jails debtors.

Do you think my unpaid loan will cause a bad record in my HK police clearance?thank you

Thank you for this information. I hope it is not applicable for me. I have been out and in of Hk already.

Does this mean, civil case like unpaid loan in banks will not be depicted in the hk police clearance? Because this is my biggest fear now. Recently I applied for a hk police clearance but I have unpaid loan in the bank.

A prohibition order lapses after one month but the court may, on your application, extend or renew the order for a period which does not exceed, with the initial period of one month and any other period of extension or renewal, 3 months. The order also lapses when you notify the Director of Immigration that the order is no longer required, and file a notice advising that the order is no longer required with the relevant Court Registrar. (Note: You must serve and file the notice as soon as reasonably possible after the order is no longer required.)

So they can hold you (prevent you from leaving HK) for a maximum of 3 months?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast