Moving back to Canada with my dog

Moving back to Canada with my dog

Hi,

I am moving back to Canada and want to bring my dog with me, I understand the requirement for bringing a dog into Canada, Cathy makes it pretty simple, my problem is the inland flight. As Air Canada doesn't cater animal boarding, I have no idea how to transport my dog from Vancouver (assuming that I travel with CX) to Winnipeg. Have anyone got a clue? Thank you so much.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Have you talked to Air Canada's Cargo Department? I would confirm with the cargo guys that they do not ship animals as plenty of airlines take animals as cargo but not in the cabin. Sometimes the regular booking staff has no idea. However, there may be restrictions on the time of year that animals can travel due to temperature (hot or cold). Again, the cargo guys should be familiar with all this.

If not Air Canada, aren't there other airlines that fly from Vancouver to where you're going? Check with the Cargo Departments of those airlines also.

I have contacted Air Canada Cargo and that guy said if the dog + carrier is under 30 kg, I can fly with him together which would be a lot cheaper, though, when I call those "regular staff", they said since it's a grown Labrador, they may reject my request. Anybody got any idea?

hmmmm... maybe rent a car and drive... i know it's a long drive, but depending on the time of year, it could be a beautiful drive.

if you are in a hurry, you could make it in 2-3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by mpang
    I have contacted Air Canada Cargo and that guy said if the dog + carrier is under 30 kg, I can fly with him together which would be a lot cheaper, though, when I call those "regular staff", they said since it's a grown Labrador, they may reject my request. Anybody got any idea?
    Ship the dog with the cargo department and book a regular ticket on the same flight for yourself. Or, like Cara says, drive.

also, don't forget to try westjet... don't know if they do animals or not.