Like Tree2Likes

Any Good Gym in Central ?? Thx !!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Any Good Gym in Central ?? Thx !!

Hi ! All members !! I just came back from US. And I'm hand around in Central. So I plan to join a gym to make a good shape coz of summer.
    Which is quite , not hard sell , high quality one? Thx
    Babo

Try seasons fitness ( www.seasonsfitness.com ) .. they're a sponsor .. and you can get a one day trial pass .. the bonus over other gyms is a swimming pool.

Not sure what you're after from a gym Fitness First (Grand Millenium) works well for me. About a 7/8 minute walk from the main intersection in Central. They have other branches in Central.

http://www.fitnessfirst.com.hk/

the website for season fitness does look quite good. Given that they're a sponsor, am I allowed to ask if anyone's a member or tried it out, and what their experience has been? How crowded does the place get in the evenings and weekends, especially the pool? Are kids allowed to use the pool?

About Good Gym

Thx all of you !!
    Could anyone tell me where is Season Fitness location is ?Coz I live in Mid-level that's I want a close one. So how about California Fitness Centre and Pure Fitness? I perfer pay more to join a good one!
    Cheer BAbo

Quote Originally Posted by nation:
    Not sure what you're after from a gym Fitness First (Grand Millenium) works well for me. About a 7/8 minute walk from the main intersection in Central. They have other branches in Central.

http://www.fitnessfirst.com.hk/
    Plus once you become a member, you can access any Fitness first branches in the world no extra charge, ie UK, Australia etc. you just need to get a passbook before you go away.

I've been to virtually all of the gyms in HK. Pure is by far the nicest looking with the best equipment (and perhaps the hottest members) but you pay a premium for it. I joined Seasons when it was still Tom Turk's...I was 13 when I started working out there. I rejoined last year and it looks great - one good thing about it is it's nice and empty at certain times of day. I'm going in a little later today - shoulders, arms and cardio :P

Definitely avoid the California chain. The gyms are overcrowded and the personal trainers are rude and pushy. They're like the McDonalds of the HK fitness world, but the staff at McDonalds are considerably more polite.

The Fitness First gyms are great. They're very spacious and the equipment is all top notch. If I didn't work in Pacific Place (right by Seasons, which is in Citibank Plaza and accessible via walkway from HK Park) I'd probably join Fitness First in Sheung Wan. I worked out at the one in Exchange Square and I was very impressed. It was virtually empty, the machines were spotless and the showers were AMAZING! Massive stalls with frosted glass and very large showerheads. They even had a rest area with jugs of iced water with slices of lemon in 'em. Very nice touch My sister is a member there but I don't think she's been there in 6 months or so and it definitely shows.

Last edited by jayinhongkong; 12-05-2006 at 07:34 AM.

I go to the Fitness First Plus in Exchange Square. Quite small but never overcrowded, very nice atmosphere, clean, excellent changing/shower facilities etc. The "Plus" bit is mostly just location I think, but they do provide everything except your shoes - shorts, shirts etc - so no need to bring (or wash) any kit. Ideal for lazy buggers like me!

Most gyms do provide gear for those who want it, but I'd never wear it. Too prison-like for me...lol. I always lug my bag around - I have to have my own stuff.

California Fitness Centre is not bad.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast