Cheapest Gym in HK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cheapest Gym in HK

Ok I know there are several threads promoting several gyms, but i'm interested in the bottom line: what is the cheapest gym in hk with reasonable facilities? central/wanchai/causeway ok. kowloon side ok too. short term/free trials pref, but let me know about long term rates too...

anybody know anything about the ymca in kowloon? how much do they charge and what's their equipment like?

Cheap gymn

I will revive this old thread. Not really wanting to sign up for an expensive gymn membership/contract that I'd use twice a week - or 3 max - and get a long term contract but just looking here at cheap gymn options and see some other threads here on the following options.

I don't need a trainer. Just do my own workout.

South China Athletic Association:
    South China Athletic Association - Hong Kong Gym and Fitness Centres - Hong Kong
    Fee is about $2700 if you pay annual.

I live near the Sheung Wan Civic Centre and wonder if this "non-designated" centre is an option.

Leisure and Cultural Services Department - Fitness Room Monthly Ticket Scheme

The gov't site has zero information just a lot of bafflegab.

Not needing anything fancy but some basic equipment would work.

Anyone try these or have other ideas?

Last edited by Football16; 11-08-2009 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Football16:
    The gov't site has zero information just a lot of bafflegab.
    What information would you like? The equipment list at the Sheung Wan Centre is accessed trivially by clicking on it: Leisure and Cultural Services Department - Fitness Rooms

From the Introduction it seems you need to attend some course on equipment use and fitness before you can register. I doubt they'll be in English.

From the experience of a friend who did this recently they are partly in English and they just say not to bother with the Cantonese bits so long as you clearly have a clue what you are doing with gym equipment. It takes about 90 minutes to get the card.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    From the experience of a friend who did this recently they are partly in English and they just say not to bother with the Cantonese bits so long as you clearly have a clue what you are doing with gym equipment. It takes about 90 minutes to get the card.
    I knew you'd do the heavy work for me...hahah.... I just gave up looking but thank you for that. I see no reason why not give this a shot.

I got tired reading of trying to figure out what a non-designated vs designated fitness room was. I loved the subvention discussion. I thought I used big words at times. Subvented organizations...too funny.

The 90 min. sign up sounds like my bank. Do you think HK learned bureaucracy from the Brits?

One of our summer interns and I were going over his resume as it clearly needed work. I asked what the purpose of this committee he was on was and what role they played in student events. He was honest. They really had none but they reviewed the event proposals anyways. Now I know where they get their training in bureaucracy - at the local university!
    Last edited by Football16; 11-08-2009 at 10:31 PM.

Stanley Ho sports centre in Cyberport - $4K per annum.. dont have llink sorry..

physical has promotion for 500 hkd for 6 months at the beginning of this month. that is pretty cheap. they usually have promotions like that from time to time so you just have to walk by and check it out, but you need to know a current member to sign up. sorta like a pyramid scheme

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast