Like Tree2Likes

Baseball fans?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Well, we know it too well that the Expos was one of the best team in terms of scouts and farm system. The management blamed Montreal was a small market but the fact is, who will go to the Big-O if all the stars and icon players were traded year after year?

Quote Originally Posted by Geishboy:
    There isn't an organized baseball league here in HK, but if you're interested there are two great softball leagues. There's a competitive league which plays at Kings Park on Saturdays and a co-ed league which plays on Sundays out at HKIS. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.
    There's definitely a baseball league in Hong Kong. There's an 'A' grade and a 'B' grade. The A grade has 5 teams (including the Hong Kong national team) and the B grade has 8-12 teams (not sure). Hong Kong is ranked 44th in the world - so it's not like they are unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by dtb:
    Well, we know it too well that the Expos was one of the best team in terms of scouts and farm system. The management blamed Montreal was a small market but the fact is, who will go to the Big-O if all the stars and icon players were traded year after year?
    I loved the Expos. I'm still upset about '94. Anyone remember when they traded for Bartolo Colon back in the early 2000's? They gave up Brandon Phillips, Grady Sizemore, and Cliff Lee. What a bad trade.

Quote Originally Posted by turnjet:
    While we are on a bit of a rant, our (White Sox) closer, Bobby Jenks has picked up 2 losses from save opportunities in the last week. Given the amount of abuse he's gotten from our own fans disgusts me. He just came from a week on the sidelines due to a family medical emergency.

Ball players are not like Internet fans who freak the f*** out. They realise baseball is a marathon season.
    Sure, it is a marathon but every game is imporant. Granted you are not going to run the table, but we'll see how you feel when Detroit wins the division by a game.

Turnjet--right, the bandwagoneers. Currently they are New Orleans Saints and NY Yankee fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth:
    Sure, it is a marathon but every game is imporant. Granted you are not going to run the table, but we'll see how you feel when Detroit wins the division by a game.
    Always two sides to coin, but it won't just be the one blown save that will result in a team not winning a division. It will be a collective team loss of many more games.

Quote Originally Posted by marcass:
    There's definitely a baseball league in Hong Kong. There's an 'A' grade and a 'B' grade. The A grade has 5 teams (including the Hong Kong national team) and the B grade has 8-12 teams (not sure). Hong Kong is ranked 44th in the world - so it's not like they are unreal.
    I was told 'foreigners need not apply' when i tried to join the league 4 years ago after moving here. Apparently there was a team of americans that hit too many home runs and had a pitcher who threw too fast. Thus a locals only rule was applied.
    If the league is accepting foreigners again I wouldn't mind joining.

there's a few foreigners in the league. there was an open tryout this summer for a tournament coming up in hong kong called the zhujang cup. pretty sure a couple americans attended.

Quote Originally Posted by turnjet:
    Always two sides to coin, but it won't just be the one blown save that will result in a team not winning a division. It will be a collective team loss of many more games.
    True, but always seems that a loss here and there really sticks out. And if you play 162 and miss it by one or two games, those losses are always the ones thatreplay in your head.
    Of course, it could be any of the multitude of losses along the way, but some just should never have happened.
    Being an Oriole fan, this is all somewhat theoretical for me.

Quote Originally Posted by marcass:
    there's a few foreigners in the league. there was an open tryout this summer for a tournament coming up in hong kong called the zhujang cup. pretty sure a couple americans attended.
    Marcass, do you play in the league?? If so, should do some recruiting over in the softball league. We have a couple former minor leaguers and ncaa baseball players that might be interested in some hard ball.

Is there any adults hard ball league here in HK?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast