• Spain - after penalty shoot-out

1 1.43%
  • Netherlands - after penalty shoot-out

4 5.71%
Like Tree10Likes

Spain vs Netherlands - Poll

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Still curious about what the Dutch players will get though.

The team money for the final is huge! But each country's players negotiate their own deal for the players - this is just what each national federation will get here and the club money:

World Cup 2010 Winners prize

World Cup title worth $31 million
    December 3, 2009

Associated Press

ROBBEN ISLAND, South Africa -- The winning team at next year's World Cup will get $31 million in prize money.

FIFA said Thursday the overall prize pool to be divided between the 32 participating nations will be $420 million, a 60 percent increase from the $261.4 million it paid out at the 2006 World Cup in Germany.

Each team will receive $1 million for preparation costs. The winner will get an additional $30 million, the runner-up $24 million, semifinal losers $20 million, quarterfinal losers $18 million, second-round losers $9 million and first-round losers $8 million.

In 2006, when Swiss francs were used, the advance payment was 1 million Swiss francs ($787,000). The winner received $19.3 million, the runner-up $17.7 million, semifinal losers $16.9 million, quarterfinal losers $9.1 million, second-round losers $6.7 million and first-round losers $5.5 million.

In addition, $40 million was set aside to pay clubs, through national associations, for the participation of their players.

Last time, 15 million Swiss francs ($11.8 million) was put in an insurance fund to compensate clubs if their players got hurt.

Octopus Paul is betting on Netherlands

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Saw an article that punters in NZ (I'm sure it's happening elsewhere) are betting on whether Paul gets it right for the Final. Yep! The crazy old World Cup has people betting on which box an octopus choses to get a snack from.

But I thought that octopus only predict result when Germany is playing...innit?

Oh look it is not Germany vs Netherlands...

Fenix2 and elle like this.

Lam Tei, New Territories (Up North to you Islanders!!)

Spain 4 - 0, it will be a rout.....

Spain are defensive team and some of their goals to win have been a little " uninspired ". Holland have an attacking team and are not afraid to concede a goal. If Spain pull it off it will be a dreary 1:0. If Holland, I expect 2:1 maybe even 3 if they get their tails up.

I hope Holland, only because I grew up watching Cruyff and saw Gullits first game for Chelsea which I can only describe as shock and awe amongst a sea of supposed super talented English stars ( pre Abramovich ) . Have been a fan of Dutch footy talent ever since and they are well overdue for being world cup winners.

Plus my mate makes a LOT of the "Oranji" promo gear through his office in HK !!

Has Elle gone into hibernation ???

No, I haven't
    I was in Dongguan yesterday and reached my melting point in factories without aircon
    I hope the Spaniards will win the final
    I used to support the Dutch team until the 1990 world cup and Rikaard's spitting at Rudi Voeller

The dutch are a bunch of butchers....they do not deserve to win this time (ie they used to have some attractive teams in terms of pace, passing, sipirt, but not this time)

Spain, even if it isn't my favorite team usually plays with the right
    spirit, so I'd rather seem them thru.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast