Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By gilleshk
  • 1 Post By MovingIn07
  • 1 Post By jgl
  • 1 Post By gilleshk

where to purchase heel pads for running?

Closed Thread

Question where to purchase heel pads for running?

I jog 3-4x per week, but my heels are quite sore the "morning after". This may be due to inflammation of the plantar fascia tissue, and I'd like to support that tissue by using good heel pads / shoe insoles.

I've checked with a few athletic shoe shops in HK, and they don't carry any shoe insoles! (GigaSport, Marathon, etc.)

Do any of you have suggestions for a shop which sells these? Dr. Kong perhaps?

thanks

Do you heelstrike? If so, you won't solve it by using pads. You need to fix your running mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfire:
    Do you heelstrike? If so, you won't solve it by using pads. You need to fix your running mechanics.
    no heel striking. I am just getting older.

I saw some soles at ProTrek and I also remember seeing some there:
    SOOST

Plantar Fasciitis is quite common in runners. Even though the pain is located in the heel, it's often related to problems with the arch and helped by having better support there. It's also a good idea to roll a tennis or golf ball around every night as well as applying ice after the run. Other possible causes are inappropriate shoes for your gait, running shoes that are too old(6month-1 year max) especially if you're a heavier runner and a lack of flexibility in the foot/achilles tendon area.

You may want to consult with professionals. I've used Mark Cameron in Central and he's competent.

Physio HK

squid likes this.

Perhaps these guys:

10K Running Pro Shop

squid likes this.

I've seen these in the Watsons in the united centre in admiralty - may well be in other ones. Gel inserts.

squid likes this.

Been there a few times and never noticed any but they may know a good place. I just thought about Escapade in CWB, they sell loads of stuff.

ESCAPADE Sports - One stop sports shop in Causeway Bay

squid likes this.

thank you for the great info.!