Which is the Best fitness centre in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

"The Best" is not always the best. I'm looking for one where I don't need a membership to pay for all those days I don't have time to go to the gym.

In China the gyms had something like a 30day ticket, where one day was crossed off each time you visited. And this 30day ticket was valid for a year. Perfect, if you go 1 time this week, then 3 times next week and then are off for business trips for 2 weeks etc.

Anyway, those gyms in China were pretty basic - weights, lockers, showers and steam room, the best had an outdoor pool (not heated) that stayed open all year.

That would be a great system, Expat, but I've never heard of a gym in HK offering anything like that. I believe some of the gyms will let you pay to work out for one day, but I believe that would get expensive..

It's been interesting reading about people's experiences with gyms. I didnt know about that exclusive one for the mega rich.

But one thing I notice that hasnt been mentioned is that Fitness First is a bit better than Cali because of the member benefits they offer in their package.

FF gives (imho) :

-better showers.

-you dont have to bring your own padlock as you do with Cali.

-nicer overall decor.

-some locations will actually give you t shirt and shorts to work out in- you dont have to bring anything except yourself (not all places tho)

- "445 locations worldwide"

Cali isnt bad by any means- I went to the TST one and I didnt mind it at all.

But FF seems nicer and I always forget that darn heavy padlock- I have FIVE sitting at home now! And you have to buy them- Cali doesnt give them out free.

If what you want is a basic gym - weights etc and no posers then I have heard that the Government (LCSD) gyms are pretty good value. There are lots of them: http://www.lcsd.gov.hk/lschemes/rufr/en/rooms.php
    You need to pass a basic assessment that you know what you are doing:
    http://www.lcsd.gov.hk/lschemes/rufr/en/index.php
    and then you just pay as you go at quite reasonable rates.

How much is the membership for a month at Pure Fitness at IFC? Really need to gym now...getting really porky!

Quote Originally Posted by sunniefaith:
    Really need to gym now...getting really porky!
    But that's one of the great things about Singaporean girls - something to get hold of, unlike many locals!

If you just want a basic gym (small but perfectly formed) think about joining the FCC - the gym is included in the standard HK$950/month membership and the drinks & food are excellent value.

http://www.fcchk.org

Could you tell me where Fitness First is located and how much they charge on a monthly basis? Thank you

Just go to www.fitnessfirst.com.hk
    Cheapest membership seems to be around $499/mth

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    But that's one of the great things about Singaporean girls - something to get hold of, unlike many locals!

If you just want a basic gym (small but perfectly formed) think about joining the FCC - the gym is included in the standard HK$950/month membership and the drinks & food are excellent value.

http://www.fcchk.org
    Just checked out FCC, think it's almost the same as the gym in my class. I want to join a gym that has classes, makes losing weight a little more fun

If you like classes, Pure or Fitness First is for you. If you bargain at Pure, you might be able to swing $800 a year with a one or two year commitment.