where and how to go kayaking?!?!!?!?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

where and how to go kayaking?!?!!?!?

Never tried kayaking but i wana to try in HK. where do i start? im guessing i'll need lessons somewhere? where can i rent a kayak and get lessons??

sai kung Sha Ha beach, by the old beach resort hotel, you can rent there by the hour, the guy should be able to teach you as well.

In addition to wtbhotia's suggestion, there are also the following options on Lantau:

Long Coast Seasport at Lower Cheung Sha Beach. The water here may be a tad rough for beginners though, as I found out the hard way, even in normal weather.

Then there's Treasure Island on Pui O Beach. JonathanCC on this forum has paddled around there and has said that the sea around this beach is a lot calmer, except of course in below-moderate wind conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    sai kung Sha Ha beach, by the old beach resort hotel, you can rent there by the hour, the guy should be able to teach you as well.
    Is that the beach a few minutes north of the town, down a ramp on the right with a large renovation project that has been going on for years on the left?

If it is lessons are available in kayaks and windsurfing, it's very dog friendly and the resteraunt serves excellent dim sum at very good prices.

thx. is there a time of day better for this???? Any of you guys up for it this comign weekend?

Would love to head out for an easy paddle but this weekend is completely packed. Next week seems more do-able.

sounds good dreadnought. can you DM me sometime this weekend or next week?? thanks a million!

Pardon my ignorance, but what's DM? I am guessing NOT Demand Media Inc.?

demand media inc? how did that come to mind?? LOL direct Msg. so we can get in contact.

Jenlo or anyone else up still interested in kayaking? I finally have some free weekends ahead and look forward to doing something active.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast