How do you exit the MTR?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

so i was coming back to central the other day from monkok (speaking of pushy people thats a whole 'nother story) and as usual, people were pushing and shoving their way in before anyone can get out. all of a sudden, it dawned on me that this was the LAST STOP!! the train would have to sit there, with the freaking doors open, for a whole 3 mins before anything moves!! what was the point of all that elbow grease if all it did was it made all of our lives more difficult!!

i think the word of the day is anticipation. some people are unable to see the big picture and unable to think 30 seconds ahead. which is probably why asians have to pay higher auto insurance premiums in the states...

Quote Originally Posted by Expatriate:
    It's not that you get pregnant accidentally, like you lose your leg in a traffic accident. It's basically your own intention to stand pregnant in the MTR.

Maybe this could be an explanation?

Why accomodate people having had a lot of fun bringing themselves into such situations? You should be happy instead that you have a husband and that you have children and that you can afford to have children.
    I think you are way out of line there expatriate. If someone has a broken leg and is standing on the MTR should I check how they broke their leg first? Perhaps it was playing sport in which case they were having fun and chose to play sport. Or perhaps they were crossing the road when the light was red. What about old people? They chose to be old, they could have killed themselves earlier, but no, being selfish they chose to live on and have more fun.

to get a seat before everyone else goes in.

I just give dirty glares to the ignorant people that push their way in first and loudly comment 'let passengers exit first' oddly enough I get a few dirty glares back, like they are angry I dared to call them on their boorish behaviour. also it helps to be 190cm with broad shoulders for plowing my way thru.

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

The most effective way would be to just 'sneeze'......

Quote Originally Posted by Expatriate:
    It's not that you get pregnant accidentally, like you lose your leg in a traffic accident. It's basically your own intention to stand pregnant in the MTR.

Maybe this could be an explanation?

Why accomodate people having had a lot of fun bringing themselves into such situations? You should be happy instead that you have a husband and that you have children and that you can afford to have children.
    I just refreshed the page and this drivel is still there! This is the most redundant response I have seen on this website and there have been a few recently.

except kobron, central is NOT the final stop... Sheung Wan is...

I don't think refusing to stand for a pregnant woman is anything to do with Chinese culture. Sounds more like a**hole culture to me.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    except kobron, central is NOT the final stop... Sheung Wan is...
    it is for the red line though And kobron stated that he came from Mong Kok.

sorry..had a brain fart there...don't know why i thought it ended in sheung wan...duh!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast