platinum membership in california

Closed Thread

platinum membership in california

hi

ive recently joined california fitness with a years contract, no membership or processing fee, all areas and times at $398 per month. when i collected my card i noticed that they gave me a platinum membership which i wasnt aware of as the sales people didnt not mention anything about the different types of membership avaliable. im really worried that there might be some hidden charges that they might make me cough up because im a platinum member. you see im only a student and i cant really afford more than $398 a month so if they make me pay more then i'll literally be screwed. i just wanted to ask everyone whos a CF member what type of membership they are using and whats the difference between a platinum membership and the other types of memberships anyway? i hope you guys can help me out as im really worried about having to pay more...

thanks

Do you have a copy of what you signed?

yea i do, it basically says that its a 12month contract where the entry fee is $0, the process fee is $0 , im paying direct debit of $398 per month. platinum membership, all clubs, all days, all hours... it doesnt mention anything about extra fees but what im afraid of is the small prints. i spent most of my life england and my chinese is limited and the contract is in chinese so i understand only some of the terms. i know you guys will probably think that i should have read the contract before signing but anyone whos been to CF will know how hard selling the guys are there. the amount of pressure they put me under was unbelievable, there was 3 of them talking around me one after another trying to offer me this and that... at first i was put off by the entry and processing fee but as soon as they waived that and lowered the monthly fee i thought it was affordable and signed for it. but then afterwards i just can't stop thinking why have they given me such a good offer? are they trying to hustle me into this contract by lying about the fees etc... but then after reading some of the posts in this forum i did feel relived that some people are paying around $300-400 a month with no other fees. another thing i want to ask is that is platinum membership common? because to me it sounds really grand and costly... please help

Hi Adriano,
    I wouldn't worry about hidden costs; although these dudes are seriously, seriously pushy, they aren't liars. In fact, your 398/month sounds a bit pricey when compared with the 258/month I am paying for 27 months.

I've been a member of California before; I had no problems with hidden charges. I am a California member again because, although their staff are seriously pushy, their TST gym is terrific, and you can't beat the (heavily bargained) price!

Yeah for the amoutn I pay for my mebership, the sevice there is actually very good as well as facilities and all. Also I got a platinum card too. There is no hidden charge actually because whe I asked them about it they said something about a special offer going on at the time. Really it isn't a special offer because I don't see anyone else with a basic card anymore. Also I have a feeling it is a marketing ting too because they actually want people to get the Infinity membership card guarantees you acces to every gym in the worle or soemthign like that. That membership seems very strange