Help: want to cancel contract with california gym

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

It's best to cancel your membership right at the gym and have them give you a letter stating your membership has been cancelled. They can do this for you on the spot. Tell 'em you're leaving HK. They can't really persuade you to stay on as a member if you're not even going to be here.

When I was offered personal training, I was perfectly honest with them. I simply can't afford it. They had no choice but to accept that. Once my year was up, I took my money over to Season's.

I was a member of Cali Fitness in LKF back in 96 or 97 (before it was even open). It was a much better gym then, and their business practices were better too.

Last edited by jayinhongkong; 25-09-2006 at 01:07 PM.

I signed contract and payed all. but not use menbership yet.
    I had called consumer council. they said that only way to cancel contract is to suit them.
    I feel that there has no protection to customer. They setup trick to let you in.

What protection do you want exactly? The ability to renege on a contract that you have signed of your own free will? Unless you can show that you were deceived in some way then it seems to me that you need to honour whatever you signed.

I agree. Legally you have very little protection.

All you can do is appeal and see if they will let you cancel or sell your contract.