Looking for gym just for PT

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for gym just for PT

I am looking for a gym where I can train with a PT twice a week but would only like to pay as you go for the gym and pay the PT separately.
    Also any recommendations for a good PT are welcome.

I am female and am looking for someone to weight train me.

Any advice welcome
    Posted via Mobile Device

there is a member here who is a personal trainer
    Alix James - Personal Trainer - Sports Therapist - Muay Thai Coach - Personal Trainers in Hong Kong - Hong Kong

would also recommend you look at JABMMA
    which was recommended here before. have been training with them for more than a year now and happy with the results. look for wonks. they have a per session deal.

another one is Impakt - Academy of Mixed Martial Arts

Last edited by blueagles; 15-08-2010 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RKG:
    I am looking for a gym where I can train with a PT twice a week but would only like to pay as you go for the gym and pay the PT separately.
    Also any recommendations for a good PT are welcome.

I am female and am looking for someone to weight train me.

Any advice welcome
    Posted via Mobile Device
    do you speak cantonese ? if so one of the best deals and trainers is located at franco's gym in mongkok near langham place. the monthly price is inclusive of all training. its a small but serious gym for weight training.

otherwise it seems most of the bigger commercial gyms have a similar package for training and membership. the only difference would be total cost. california fitness on the lower end and pure fitness on the higher end.

http://www.francosgym.com/main.html
    Last edited by WalkAbout; 15-08-2010 at 09:36 AM. Reason: added url for franco gym

Quote Originally Posted by blueagles:
    there is a member here who is a personal trainer
    Alix James - Personal Trainer - Sports Therapist - Muay Thai Coach - Personal Trainers in Hong Kong - Hong Kong

would also recommend you look at JABMMA
    which was recommended here before. have been training with them for more than a year now and happy with the results. look for wonks. they have a per session deal.

another one is Impakt - Academy of Mixed Martial Arts

Hi blueagles, I can't open the first link. As for the second, do you do the pt or the boxing with them?

Thanks for putting my link up. Any questions please ask.

Also just found out by following my link that my site is down, so apologies for that, working on it now.

Shri - have PM'd you.

What about california fitness?
    they have trainers over there

Quote Originally Posted by RKG:
    I am looking for a gym where I can train with a PT twice a week but would only like to pay as you go for the gym and pay the PT separately.Posted via Mobile Device
    I heard you can do this at VIM studio in QRE Plaza opposite Hopewell Centre in Wanchai.

The cheapest pay as you go gyms are the public ones. It is IIRC about $22 a visit or $180 a month no contract. I go to Sheung Wan and it is a well equipped gymn with good space. The catch is you must do the course first - 3 hours and a test. There is some other way to do it but look that up on the Fitness and Leisure site.

It is simple and the stretching exercises are participative so you learn it by doing. It was in Cantonese but they could answer questions in English and there was no need to ask as he showed the right way to do stretches and how to use each machine correctly. I thought I didn't need it but I did learn and the instructor was technically perfect. The questions at the end are like T or F on something like no pain, no gain. T or F? They want F as if you are hurting yourself you are doing it wrong.

This way no contract and you can pay as you go.

Optimum Performance Studio on 50 Stanley Street is another option you could consider for a pay-as-you-go gym. I know a freelance personal trainer who trains there with clients who prefer to pay as they go separately for the gym and can send you the contact via PM if you are interested.
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 21-08-2010 at 01:15 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast