Climbing Gym

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking Climbing Gym

Is there a climbing gym (rocks) in Hong Kong?
    Any good technical moutain bike riding near by?
    I am wondering if I should bring my gear along with me on this move ....
    Jenn

The TST YMCA has a rock climbing wall.

http://www.ymcahk.org.hk/general/html/lnf001e.htm

No clue what technical mountain bike riding is....

Mt Biking

Basically, I am looking for mt bike riding, wondering if its worth it to bring my bike...helmet, shoes, and basic equipment..
    Thoughts?

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK

Hong Kong is full of steep hilly terrain and I often come across bikes being ridden in big country parks and also on steep hilly winding roads by people in proper biking gear.

However , don't know about legal entitlement (the way they must be given one full car-space on the road at least in Canada), but every now and then one does read in the press cyclists' laments about low de facto status on the road in HK

Don't know if any of this qualifies as mountain-biking. Sorry but I still wince when I hear people refer to Mount Butler and what's under the Peak as "mountains". Or "mountain-view" rooms. Must have to do with my having been born in the Himalayas and regular exposure to them until well into the teens (long back).

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

climbing partner

recently moved to HK and would like to go indoor climbing..just one problem..need partner to hold the rope and vice versa!
    only taken up climbing recently so no expert but have the basic bilaying technique sorted...!

MT Biking

Thank you so much for the links, I am feeling much better about moving to HK. My next question of course is, how do you get to these trails? Do you need a car? Can you take your bike on the trains?
    The pictures look awesome. I can't wait.

Jenn

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

how do you get to these trails?

The MTR and KCR don't allow bikes, while cars would be impractical as you would have to return to square one to pick up the gas guzzler at the end of the day. So taxis would be your best bet.

climbing partner

Quote Originally Posted by sunseeker:
    recently moved to HK and would like to go indoor climbing..just one problem..need partner to hold the rope and vice versa!
    only taken up climbing recently so no expert but have the basic bilaying technique sorted...!
    hi,
    i recently moved to hong kong from tokyo. I have climbed indoor/outdoor for three+yr on and off, and am looking for a partner and places to climb on regular basis. I want to start climbing indoor and maybe adventure into outdoor walls. I heard there are some awsome outdoor climbing walls around the coast.

hey nobuko, drop me a PM if you want to meet up. I haven't been able to climb in HK yet but the walls at the YMCA in TST are pretty decent. I was climbing indoor in NY for awhile and would like to start up again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast